Super Yacht Racing (Celebrity)

lentronic

We were extremely interested in the Super Yacht Racing excursion offered by Celebrity on Grand Cayman, but it has since disappeared from Celebrity's web site. I called but the reservationist couldn't help me, and stated that the excursion must have been cancelled, and she was unable to give me a reason.

Anyone ever done this excursion with Celebrity or other line, or know if the yacht racing is something that can be booked independently?

Thanks!

We were extremely interested in the Super Yacht Racing excursion offered by Celebrity on Grand Cayman, but it has since disappeared from Celebrity's web site. I called but the reservationist couldn't help me, and stated that the excursion must have been cancelled, and she was unable to give me a reason.

We also noted the disappearance of that item.. our "kids" were really wanting to do that one. It's entirely possible that the boat they were using suffered some damage as did quite a number during the hurricane. As a second choice, there's a regatta of some sort in Key West the first day out on your trip. Not sure it's of the same caliber, but might be worth a look. I've scheduled them on that for now until we hear otherwise.

That said, there still seems to be some real question as to whether we'll even make port at GC or not on this trip. I liked GC, but a change would be OK with me, as I haven't seen Curacao yet, and that's the backup plan. It also leaves us in Aruba later (1:00am departure instead of 5:30pm) so there's no need to scramble back quick from De Palm Island or wherever. The Summit trip this week is going to Curacao instead, and we may well, too.

I was interested in doing this excursion in January through Royal Caribbean. Here's the response from Royal:

Super Yacht Racing in Grand Cayman (GCAG) -We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience. The aftermath situation with Hurricane Ivan has made it necessary to cancel this tour for the rest of the season.

Thank you.

Nothing more specific than that. :(

Archived