Best excursion in Nassau

tinkandpan

What would you think the best thing to do with the kids in Nassau is? I have a ds7 and dd3. I would love to do the dolphin or sea lion encounter but i know my little one will freak and my older one is on the fence. We are going through RCL- Monarch. Since the cruise is so short, I thought a beach excursion would be best. I know there are ways to book outside of the ship, so i suppose i could do that as well.

--You could do Atlantis. Get a room at Comfort Suites next door or (pending on price) a room at Atlantis itself. I reviewed Atlantis (and Blackbeards) here http://www.cruisingwithchildren.blogspot.com

Do not do Atlantis through the cruise line. The price is outrageous.

--You could go to Blackbeards Stingray Adventure and you could swim with the stingrays and the kids can choose to swim with them or not.

--For $3pp you could take a water taxi to Paradise Island and go to the public beach NEXT TO Atlantis. It's called Cable Beach. There are no public restooms on the beach but there are bars/restaurants there will public restrooms.

--What about the Pirate Museum? It's called the Pirates of Nassau.

http://www.pirates-of-nassau.com $12/Adult, $6 for children 4-17, Under 4 free. Your son may enjoy that.

Thanks so much- i am thinking the best bet will be to rent a room- in fact i think i just read that dolphin excursions are included now (for me!). Do you usually just go for the cheapest room- assuming they all include the same?

Also- noticed in your blog you left the kids in cococay in the kids club. Did they enjoy the beach time? I am thinking of splitting the day so i can take the older one out to do some things alone and vice versa.

Yes you just look for the cheapest room. I look on sites like Expedia to see which is cheaper for the day we are going - Atlantis or Comfort Suites. There are also discount codes that some people here at CC have used for Comfort Suites. Discussion here...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=817349

I have left the kids in the club on Disney's private island, but you can do the same on RCCLs too (both CocoCay and Labadee move their clubs over to the island).

The only difference with RCCL is that they do not take the kids to lunch on the island. So AO is closed on the island during lunch time. So if you are going to take the older one out and leave the younger one to play, make sure you do it before or after lunch, not during. ;)

Archived