Ok Got the Upgrade call from the TA....

trock

To me.. if I am understanding this email correctly.. It will cost $70 more pp to go from a cabin a selected to basically GTY??

Email:

Just wanted to check-in with you about some current pricing I have seen on your Miracle sailing. For just $70 more pp right now, you could bump up to an 8A balcony with free upgrade to best available all the way up to the 8H's so you could snag one of the extended balconies if you wanted! Any interest?

What do you guys advise?

Sounds like they are saying that you could book now and be upgraded to the highest available cabin now...I did it before...but I thought the extended balconies were 8I's....I would ask what is available to move up to before I shelled out more money...ask for cabin numbers, and see where they are.

;)

8H is not extended but still a great location if you like forward and stay out from under the pools. Or you could probably get extended on a lower deck. I actually preferred not having extended on the Miracle since I could look straight down into the water and not at the lifeboats. :)

You know Toni on a GTY it could go either way, I was once on a GTY that put me under the buffet area, scraping chairs and thumping starting about 6 am , to me it wasn't worth it, I like to stay up late and sleep late, if your an early to bed and early riser it wouldn't matter. I wonder if you can deal with them to get you a assigned cabin for that price? Call em and say "Lets make a deal dude, with my 70.00 more a day I'll take................. and then tell them, you might get a deal. Hope it works good for you!!! Let us know.

Carole

Ok.. let me give you more info.. I am already booked.. I have been booked since the first week of June 08 before they recategorized...

I selected my cabin.. it's on my reservation/booking...

The email isnt clear if it's per person total or per person per day..

I booked early - almost a year...in advance...

I just dont think it's worth the switch..:confused:

All these new categorys have my head spinning

Just to keep stuff like this straight in my head....

if there is any additional money involved...I call it upselling.

if it is free (totally free)...then I thank the upgrade fairy.

The only time the upGRADE fairy visited me....we got a Spa Balcony for NO additional money.

The only time I have heard from the upSELL fairy...they wanted an extra $1,000.00 (for our family of 3) and I said no thanks.

Ok.. let me give you more info.. I am already booked.. I have been booked since the first week of June 08 before they recategorized...

I selected my cabin.. it's on my reservation/booking...

The email isnt clear if it's per person total or per person per day..

I booked early - almost a year...in advance...

I just dont think it's worth the switch..:confused:

All these new categorys have my head spinning

Do a fake booking on the carnival site and see how it comes out and what cabins you can choose from... you might just be getting a really good deal...

I'd be real careful with this one. Some friends of ours got a call that sounded real similar. They had an assigned cabin and paid an extra $75 for a guarantee being told that this gave them the "possibility" of being upgraded. So far (and we leave on Saturday) have been moved into a room of the same category as their originally assigned room, only in an inferior location. Unless something changes between now and embarkation, they paid to be put in an inferior room.

I'd be real careful with this one. Some friends of ours got a call that sounded real similar. They had an assigned cabin and paid an extra $75 for a guarantee being told that this gave them the "possibility" of being upgraded. So far (and we leave on Saturday) have been moved into a room of the same category as their originally assigned room, only in an inferior location. Unless something changes between now and embarkation, they paid to be put in an inferior room.

Thats exactly what my TA stated in her email.. It was $70 more per person (not per day)

But I thanked her and passed.. :)

To me.. if I am understanding this email correctly.. It will cost $70 more pp to go from a cabin a selected to basically GTY??

Email:

Just wanted to check-in with you about some current pricing I have seen on your Miracle sailing. For just $70 more pp right now, you could bump up to an 8A balcony with free upgrade to best available all the way up to the 8H's so you could snag one of the extended balconies if you wanted! Any interest?

What do you guys advise?

They are doing upgrades right now on your cruise. Book any balcony and get an upgrade to an 8H or anything in between. You pick the cabin. For $70 pp more to have a balcony is probably worth it.

They are doing upgrades right now on your cruise. Book any balcony and get an upgrade to an 8H or anything in between. You pick the cabin. For $70 pp more to have a balcony is probably worth it.

I agree... If I could have a balcony for $140 more I would do it!

Archived