price drops

sandian

Hi all

Hope you can help with this one, 2 weeks ago after checking cruise price I noticed a big drop and tried to phone TA could not get through so sent E Mail.

Today finaly I got a reply saying they do not honour PD I asked them to phone RC and then get back to me. In the meantime checked RC only to discover my cruise is now coming up as N/A in all categories. decided anyway to carry on with dummy booking which worked only to see price increased by a massive amount.

HELP what is going on?

From what I understand if you noticed a price drop you should've called RC directly. Unfortunately the price drop guarantee is only for travellers not travel agents. Seems like a fine line in this case though. I would've hoped your TA would want your business enough to take care of it for you no matter what the rules are.:(

You have to go thru' your TA for price drops or anything other changes. I would either book with RCI next time or change to a TA that does honor prices drops. It is not surprising that 2 weeks after a price drop you were no longer able to get that price. Sometimes, those drops only last a short time. For instance, we got a military rate for Mariner in May about 6 weeks ago. Last time I checked, it was no longer available.

thanks for your reply, am I to understand that even though I booked through a TA if I see a price drop I can phone RC even though they dont havemy booking?

If a TA has your booking, everything needs to go through your TA. RC will not help you at all.

Hi all

Hope you can help with this one, 2 weeks ago after checking cruise price I noticed a big drop and tried to phone TA could not get through so sent E Mail.

Today finaly I got a reply saying they do not honour PD I asked them to phone RC and then get back to me. In the meantime checked RC only to discover my cruise is now coming up as N/A in all categories. decided anyway to carry on with dummy booking which worked only to see price increased by a massive amount.

HELP what is going on?

Welcome to the wonderful world of fine print. If a TA doesn't honor price reductions they probably charge you to cancel also. That prevents you from canceling and rebooking for a savings. This is exactly why I deal direct with RCI. So, you have learned a valuable lesson. Know your TA contract or deal direct with RCI and don't use your current TA again.

Welcome to the wonderful world of fine print. If a TA doesn't honor price reductions they probably charge you to cancel also. That prevents you from canceling and rebooking for a savings. This is exactly why I deal direct with RCI. So, you have learned a valuable lesson. Know your TA contract or deal direct with RCI and don't use your current TA again.

The OP is in the UK so even if booked directly with RCCL they wouldn't be able to cancel and rebook without penalty - they would lose their deposit.

The OP is in the UK so even if booked directly with RCCL they wouldn't be able to cancel and rebook without penalty - they would lose their deposit.

Thanks, I didn't know that and I didn't notice the UK...... I keep forgeting how good we have it in the colonies :D

Archived