B2B and Muster

gill_boo

When I approached both my cabin steward and a member of the purser crew with this exact question last November, both said something to the effect of, "All passengers are required to attend the muster drill on each cruise . . . however your cabin steward is not likely to check into the cabin of guests who are continuing on another sailing in the same assigned cabin". Each then grinned. They'd done their official job, but offered me a hint.

'Rumor' has it that the cabin steward did not check that cabin at all during the second sailing muster.

When I approached both my cabin steward and a member of the purser crew with this exact question last November, both said something to the effect of, "All passengers are required to attend the muster drill on each cruise . . . however your cabin steward is not likely to check into the cabin of guests who are continuing on another sailing in the same assigned cabin". Each then grinned. They'd done their official job, but offered me a hint.

'Rumor' has it that the cabin steward did not check that cabin at all during the second sailing muster.

Exactly................Have experienced the same. Quite recently, in fact.......:)

we did a B2B in Oct/Nov and were told we didn't have to attend the 2nd muster drill, we just had to remain in a cabin and not on the balcony or on deck.

Same thing happened to us on the B2B2B on the Fascination

We went to our second week's muster drill this past summer and the crew member there sent us back our cabin after a few minutes. :)

LOL...now that is a first!!

I was also on the Destiny with a few other posters here...and was also told we did not have to go...but we needed to stay inside our cabins to hear the instructions. ;)

15 minutes out of my entire week long cruise to learn a few safety instructions. Not so hard. But thats just me.

The point is, though, we already learned them jsut 4 days ago. No one's trying to skip, we're just saying we already did it. What purpose does it serve to go again when you're on the same ship, same cabin? But that's just me.

I was extremely thankful we had the same cabin both legs, as our son fell asleep right before muster, and trying to get him out of the cabin would be a major PITA after the fit he threw the first time!

Archived