Redeeming RCCL Visa Points

shamrox91

My husband has the RCCl Visa and a few months back BofA cut his available credit limit to a few dollars over what his existing balance was. He had never been late on this or any other card or obligation that we have. The letter stated that he had enough credit extended elsewhere and that they were reducing his credit limit. Now this month he gets his statement and the interest rate increased by 10% from the previous month. Needless to say he is very pissed and has transferred the balance to another card.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Also, he has 13,000 points available on this card. That would make him eligible for 2 $50 OBC vouchers. Can they only be added as OBC or can that be used as payment on a cruise? Also are these vouchers transferrable. We tentatively have a cruise booked for the fall but with the state of the economy I am leaning towards cancelling the booking. Would we be able to transfer these to someone else?

Also once these vouchers are received, is there an expiration date? If we couldn't transfer them to someone else, when would we need to use these by?

Hope someone can help us out with the answers.

Thanks!!

If I remember correctly the certificates are good for 6 months once you ask them to send them to you. Did you call them up and try to get more credit extended? I wanted to pay for a medical operation and needed a higher limit which I got immediately, about double the first limit. Maybe the problem really is you are extended?

As far as redeeming them, there is a list on the RCL what they can be used for, anything from bathrobes to yes, money off a cruise. I just applied 30,000 points and got $300 off my cruise. Too bad you didnt spend a couple more thousand, 15,000 is worth a free upgrade from inside to OV on a 7 day off season for something else you can spend the points on.

Archived