Kid's patter Caribbean Princess

lssg

I'd be interested in seeing a kid's patter from the Caribbean Princesss...we are cruising with my 8 year old son in may and would like to tell him what he can expect...this will be his first time cruising...

if anyone can help me, thanks

My 7 year old girl had a great time there last week. The first sea day she wanted to be there every moment she could. After that she did not go quite as much since she was torn between going to the pool or a show with us or going to the kids club. A couple times I would go to pick her up for a show and she would be in the middle of a craft and decide to stay at the club. My scanner is not hooked up right now but I can try and answer any questions if you want. :)

Scott

My one concern was, that my son will have just turned 8 and I believe the age group he will be in will be 8-12 year olds and he is on the shy side. I'd like to know what kind of activities they do and I hear about a scavanger hunt on the ship without an adults to chaperone...I don't want him going around the ship without his father or I...I like some more information...just haven't been able to find much...

You are in luck then. The Caribbean Princess has different age groupings then the other Princess ships. You son will be in the 7-9 year old group. Should fit right in at 8. :)

No scavenger hunt so you are set there. Some of the activities were board games, face paiting, t-shirt coloring (free and nice Princess t-shirt), friendship bracelet making, sports, kareokee, ice cream parties, picture frame making, PS2 playing, disco night, movie watching, paper plane making, dinner with the kids staff, origami and I am sure a few other things.

My only complaints (and they are minor) is one that the club opened on the hour at 2 and 7. We went with friends so that helped but one of us would often have to miss the start of a show if the kids wanted to go to the club and not go see what we were going to. Many of the early shows started at 7 and if they could have just opened 5 or 10 minutes before 7 it would have been nice. The other is they did a kids dinner twice this cruise. This is the same they did when we took the kids with us on the Grand in 2002. Last time they did one on formal night so we could have a nice formal (well we went to Sabatini's) dinner with out making them dress up and the other sometime in the middle of the week. This time they did one in the middle of the week and not on formal night and the other one on the last night of the cruise. For me the last night of the cruise I want us all to eat togther for our final big meal on the ship. Like I said minor things. :)

Scott

My one concern was, that my son will have just turned 8 and I believe the age group he will be in will be 8-12 year olds and he is on the shy side. /QUOTE]

Curious as to when in May are you cruising? We are going 05/21/05 and I have a son who just turned 10......also on the shy side.

We are going the end of May, I believe it is around May 28th...

I have one more question...does the 7:00 time the kids club opens effect those who have early seating at around 6:15....what time is the kid's dinner with the staff? does that effect early seating as well....

Archived