eastern or southern

cruisenuts4life

I am undecided between the two.The Southern is Dominica,Grenada,Bonaire and Aruba. The Eastern is St. Kitts,Barbados,St.Lucia and Atigua.Have never been to either of these so if anyone has any suggestions would appreciate. Thanks

We would probably prefer the Southern itinerary with Dominica and Grenada. They are some of our favorite islands. They are lush, green and scenic. Lots of waterfalls. We also like foods that contain nutmeg, and Grenada grows plenty of it and other spices.

DavidnSteph

I am undecided between the two.The Southern is Dominica,Grenada,Bonaire and Aruba. The Eastern is St. Kitts,Barbados,St.Lucia and Atigua.Have never been to either of these so if anyone has any suggestions would appreciate. Thanks

I have not been to Dominica, Grenada or Bonaire but have been to Aruba (too much like Arizona, although I hear the snorkeling is fabulous!). I was on the Royal in December and absolutely loved Barbados (Cat cruise/snorkeling), St. Lucia (Cat cruise to see the Pitons--must see!), and Antiqua (Nelson dockyards and lunch at Hemingway's-excellent!)... have not been to St. Kitt's.

Good luck with your choice... I doubt very much you will be disappointed either way!

Happy cruising!

VB1

We've been on the Eastern itinerary two years in a row, and there are still things for us to go back to that we haven't seen/done. Good mix of active sports (snorkeling), history (Nelson's Dockyard - really nice), and nature (whales in St. Lucia, monkeys on another island, etc) and the Pitons in St.Lucia are a memorable vista.

For us the decision concerns the departure port. In the past the Southern was round trip from San Juan Puerto Rico, and the air cost was 2x that of going to Ft. Lauderdale.

Archived