Latin Caribbean

dornick

Hi, Has anyone been on a latin caribbean cruise on island star if so would love to hear about it as we are going o 26th feb. thanks

Dornick,

If you haven't already seen it, I got a report from 'Buzzyannie' on her experiences from the Latin Caribbean cruise, it is posted on the 'Island Star Review - Caribbean Dec 18th-Jan 2nd' thread.

Like yourself we are going on the 26th February and were a bit concerned after reading some of the reports on other forums, but Buzzyannie's report is reassuring.

Cheers,

Bannman

Dornick,

Yes, as I sit watching the snow coming down I cannot wait for the 26th.

I see from your profle that, like myself, you are from N.I.

I hope by then that the airports are clear of snow and all flights are on time, as we are flying out from Gatwick, having only booked in November.

Cheers,

Bannman

Cuthurbertkid,

My wife and I both visited our doctors and neither of them recommended getting a yellow fever vaccination. It would seem that this advice is based on a risk assessment, taking into consideration the area being travelled to, the duration of travel, the season of travel, etc.

As we will only be in Columbia for one day the risk of infection is probably considered low. Most of the infomation on the internet recommends that you apply insect repellent which contains DEET.

If you want more information on the disease, have a look at the following web site:

http://www.nathnac.org/travel/factsheets/YF.htm

Cheers,

Bannman

hi bannman, we have been lucky as this is the first day that we have seen snow. like you we only booked in november, up until then we were told there were'nt any seats left on the flight from belfast. i just kept calling island cruises to see if there were cancellations, until one day when i called, a guy told me orr's travel in holywood has places left so we were lucky. when i went in to pay the balance they still had 3 places left which they were about to advertise in the telegraph, saves a lot of hassle. roll on 26th

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, Has anyone been on a latin caribbean cruise on island star if so would love to hear about it as we are going o 26th feb. thanks

Hi read Dartsteve's review it's very good we're on the same cruise only 6 sleeps to go !!!! Did the same cruise with Ocean Village last Feb. Might bump into you in a bar look out for a red-head with a Yorkshire accent clutching a gin and tonic ha ha

Archived