Lido deck cabins midship - ok?

bnaselli

Can anyone tell me about the Lido Deck balcony cabins midship? The ones nearest to the pool. (for example 312) Are they quiet? Would the view be blocked?

The one thing about Lido 312 is there will be a lot of foot traffic by your door. That is directly inside the door leading to the pools.

We have found that staterooms behind the elevator/stairs have a lot less traffic, from about L256 forward.

As for blocked/obstructed views. It looks, from the deck plans, that there are lifeboats/tenders directly underneath those staterooms. So views will be fine, looking down could be another story. But I am going from the deck plans on that last statement. ;)

I can't imagine the view from a Lido balcony would be any different than most other balconies. Most of the time, you look down onto the Dolphin deck balconies. I think the Lido deck sticks out a bit compared to Riviera, Aloha etc, so you might see the sides of the lifeboats sticking out under the Dolphin deck (although I'm pretty sure the lifeboats are tucked away pretty good under the Dolphin deck and might not protrude at all), but that's 6 or 7 decks down, so I don't see that being any kind of problem. Most balconies don't have a direct line of sight straight down to where the hull meets the water.

Can anyone tell me about the Lido Deck balcony cabins midship? The ones nearest to the pool. (for example 312) Are they quiet? Would the view be blocked?

We were just on the lido deck, far forward and it was an incredibly quiet hallway for us but as someone suggested, I could see that if you are between the elevators and the door leading out to the pools, there would be more foot traffic. Also, keep in mind that the smoking area is on the port side right outside the door leading to the rooms. I was on the port side but quickly starting using the starboard entrance because I didn't like the smell (sorry, don't flame me or start any kind of smoker bashing - it was just me!).

Miriam

PS. There are no obstructions unless you are room 202 or the suite beside it, I think, (or their starboard equivalents) as they had the metal balcony wall, not the glass everyone else gets.

I assume we are talking about emerald ship. Getting ready to book on emerald and would love to know which room would be the best. Does any one of them have more balcony space I know on Saphire there are several with larger decks. And should we be on lido because of the alternating decks.:confused:

Archived