How full will the ship be??

BbAaSsSs

I am just wondering if there is anyway to tell how many people will be on the ship when we cruise? I know the capcity but is there a rolling number of booked rooms or number of people going to be on our ship? I know this number would change but didnt know if there were something from royal that would keep us informed on how full the ship is going to be? If not I think this would be an awesome feature! What do you think.

Thanks,

BbAaSsSs

I would guess pretty close to full. Play bingo the first time they have it and they might have and Upgrade to a suite prize, that's only if they have one open. Its a college spring break week. Just check the RCI website two weeks b4 you go and see if there are any room available. The crowds aren't bad, just make sure you get to the pool deck b4 1030 or so so that you can get a good chair. Have fun!!!

Sounds great thanks alot man! Do they do upgrades with out playing bingo? I know on our honeymoon we got upgraded without even knowing it. Yeah I know its spring break and I hope its not a bunch of college student. Thats why we took the 8 night cruise thought that most college student wouldnt take the 8 nighter. I hope we were right.

Thanks,

BbAaSsSs

I am just wondering if there is anyway to tell how many people will be on the ship when we cruise? I know the capcity but is there a rolling number of booked rooms or number of people going to be on our ship? I know this number would change but didnt know if there were something from royal that would keep us informed on how full the ship is going to be? If not I think this would be an awesome feature! What do you think.

Thanks,

BbAaSsSs

I'm not sure why this would be such an awesome feature and certainly don't understand why RCI would care to provide this information. You can sometimes get a clue from the number of staterooms still available for booking as the sailing date approaches, but the rationale for the cruiseline to offer this type of information eludes me. Would the info encourage folks to book on a ship that was far from being at capacity or would folks be discouraged from booking a ship that was nearly at capacity? It might also put the line at a competitive disadvantage if other lines had this kind of advance information.

your week has something around 690,000 college kids on spring break. Thats a small number, the week prior has 2,100,000! You are right about the 8 nighter not having that many college kids on it, i would assume that if they are on it they probably have money and come equipped with manners! They could up grade you but its very rare, it wouldn't be a big jump if they did. Travel agents will tell RCI that their customer will be on their honey moon and thats probably why you got an up grade, my mom is a TA thats why i know this. But you may get one from the upgrade ferry! How many cruises have you been on with RCI?

Thats great to hear about the spring break kids. This is my first cruise. We are celebrating our 1st anniverssary. I didnt think about the TA telling them that it was our honeymoon. That would be great if the upgrade fairy sprinkled some of its dust on us! Im really excited and cant wait for a great experience. How do you go about getting the Diamond tag or the C&A tag?

Thanks,

BbAaSsSs

Archived