priceline with 4 people in a room

angel-mom

I don't think it can be guaranteed but we have never had a problem and when we got three rooms at the Hyatt through Priceline, we had five people (3 adults and two young children in one room, four in another (2 adults and 2 young children) and two in the third room. No problems whatsoever and the clerk at the check-in desk even upgraded my son (the one with 5 in the room) without even being asked. My son and I are both Hyatt Gold Passport members but I don't know if that played a role. After my Priceline room is confirmed I go to the hotel website, enter my reservation number and make any special requests of the hotel. They have always been very accommodating and I never felt I was being treated differently because I booked through Priceline.

If you need to insure having sufficient beds for your party, you might try Hotwire which offers discount prices but not quite the bargains available on Priceline. Good luck.:)

we have done this, call to make sure its 2 beds , even if there is a charge it might be $10. couple times they didn;t even add it on when we got there, cuz its already pd for priceline , i think they just don't want to do the paper work.... even got free valet parkin , just because no one bothered.

Is there any way to guarantee this without just taking a chance?

Nothing is guaranteed w/ Priceline except the 2 person per room guarantee. However, we have called the hotel in question shortly after a 'winning bid' and have always gotten enough beds to cover our 'group'. Have not done this at the "last minute", so this may be a different situation!!! ;) IF you need 4 people in a room, make sure the hotel IS NOT nearly booked, which is not usually the case as usually they use Priceline to fill open space.........OR use Hotwire or the hotels website!!!

Bruce

I use Priceline all the time...you just cannot guarantee getting two beds. Some hotels are VERY snippy with Priceline winners. You can end up with the worse room in a hotel. Of course if you are bidding on a 4 star, it's not a big deal. I have found that most of the time hotels are gracious and accommodating. But just when you really need it, you can get a reservation agent who acts like it is her own room that you are taking.

If you really really have to have two beds, book two rooms. I have never had a problem doing that.

email me if you have any questions about using Priceline. I truly am the Queen! lol There is a website that people go to to report what they 'won' from Priceline, and to also ask for help. It is a huge help to a new person, and I would never bid without checking this site. It is called: biddingfortravel.com

I think anyone will find it helpful. Good Luck!!:p

janet

We used priceline at least a dozen times with our 2 kids and like others have said, called after acceptance to make special requests like two beds and non smoking. We have never had a problem getting 2 beds -- even in NYC. On two occasions, the hotel was full but we got there early enough that they had not assigned all the rooms. Of course, our kids are small and could share a rollaway if need be. If we had teens, we might rethink the process.

Archived