I'm Going on a 2 night on the Jade!

mypleasure

I run my own business and when I go away I leave it in the hands of my best friend to look after. It takes about an hour each day.

So, when I go to alaska my mate is in charge so I have booked a birthday treat for us (her birthday is in May) to go on a 2 night cruise from Southampton to Guernsey in the Channel Islands from Southampton.

She doesn't know yet and will not until her birthday. I am really excited about doing this! She was adopted and has a thing about ships and the sea as she thinks her mother may have worked on trans atlantic liners.

I asked her daughters opinion and she said go for it she will love it so I did

Mypleasure, my husband and I went to Guernsey back in 1977 on the old "Royal Viking Line." To this day, after all our cruises and ports, we still vividly remember our day in Guernsey! We went to a little chapel built of mosaic pieces of old broken china and glass. We then went to a greenhouse for strawberries and heavy cream from the Guernsey cows. It was just such a lovely day! The people were charming and the island so beautifully kept and picturesque.

I think it's so sweet that you are planning this! Have a wonderful time (on one of our favorite NCL ships, the lovely Jade!!!!).

My Mom went to Jersey about 20 years ago and loved it. A lot of Brits like the islands and go there every year as the climate is said to be very good.

I read about the chapel on the Ports of Call board when I was deciding if this was a good idea and waiting for her daughter to get back to me with her thoughts. I think we will both enjoy going there.

My friend has gone through a lot over the years and continues to have a lot of hassles. She bought up 3 kids on her own and has very little money to spare and then never uses it on herself. When I had problems she was always there for me.

I think she will enjoy this little trip and it is just long enough for her not to argue about leaving the family.

all the best

Jean

Archived