Constellation Sky Suite 6146

Mags65

Does anyone have any info on this suite? We at one point had FV 8181 on the 11/20 sailing, but were "bumped" to 6146. We booked on a "guarantee" class, and have been moved twice now, after assurances that we would definitely remain in 8181. Is this typical? Also, is 6146 larger than other sky suites? Is the balcony larger? Is light a problem since there is only the one balcony door? Thanks so much!!

We were in 6146 on Infinity, and it was awesome. 6146 and 6145 are 30% larger than other sky suites. The bathroom was huge and we also had an entry hall. The decor matches the Penthouse suites next door. I had heard negative about the balcony door but we did not see any problem with it at all. The door is full length glass. The drapes are all electric, sheers, heavy drape and lowering shade on balcony door. I really feel you get better butler service in those two sky suites. The only negative in the suite is VERY little closet space. It was a challenge to hang things up. We did take the robes out and hung them in the bathroom. You will not be disappointed in 6146. ENJOY!!

We were in 6146 on Summit--same layout as on the Constellation. Same comments as Jeano.

In addition, the bathroom is awesome (literally larger than our bathroom at home with a separate tub and shower as well as dual sinks) and the balcony space is more ample than most sky suites (though not as big as the FV balconies). The wood in 6145/6 is also more upscale than the regular suites--a bit darker and richer than the others since it matches the decor of the Penthouse. For us, there was one other small negative--when the people in the Penthouse played the piano, we could hear it through the connecting doors. It did not bother us since it was during the day, but would have been annoying if they had a late party. I think you will like the room. The butler service is really awesome.

Linda

Oops. Almost forgot to mention that there are no addiitional windows--just the glass door to the balcony (not a slider). Less light than in the regular suites or other balcony rooms with sliding doors, but we did not find it dark.

Linda

No there are no windows, just the full glass door. I had some wierd idea that it was a solid door on the lower half but it was not, glass is entire door. We did not feel it was dark and gloomy even though we had crummy weather in Alaska. I would book that sky suite again in a heartbeat. We also heard the piano occasionally but didn't find it annoying at all. We had 3 chaise lounges and a table on the balcony and still had lots of room.

We had 6145 on Millennium and although the cabin was great (apart from strange smell in the bathroom which we named the "Celebrity Smell") it was the balcony that was our problem BUT I believe that the other three M class ships do have some sort of cover of the balcony and Millennium doesn't. Problem being that people on Deck 10 look straight down on you and drop rubbish. Kids find it funny to throw things and when hosing at night, we'd end up with odd bits of lettuce etc. on the balcony. But, as I said, that's Millennium. You will love these Sky Suites. Very elegant and excellent butler service. Happy Honeymoon!

Archived