where to check ship status during depart morning?

sedneyh

Hi,

I am new to cruise, and will meet my first cruise trip at 2/1. Since we need three hours drive to Galveston with one year old baby and I heard ship may delay due to weather, does anyone know where I can check the ship status before I go?

thanks!

Cruise ships are not like airlines. Significant fog, weather or mechanical delays are unusual. Even if the ship's departure is delayed you must be onboard in advance. You should expect the ship to depart on time, and it is necessary to arrive several hours before the ship is due to sail to allow time for embarkation. The gangway usually closes 30-60 minutes before the ship sails. The earlier you arrive at the port on the day of embarkation the better. If your ship is scheduled to depart at 5pm, I would suggest arriving at the port no later than 1pm because of lines. You will probably be able to board as early as noon, so you may prefer to arrive earlier so you can be in line. Enjoy your first cruise!

Hi,

I am new to cruise, and will meet my first cruise trip at 2/1. Since we need three hours drive to Galveston with one year old baby and I heard ship may delay due to weather, does anyone know where I can check the ship status before I go?

thanks!

We were able to get on Voyager at about Noonish. We left the motel and went to park at about 11:30. I always plan to be early just in case.

Sometimes the cruiseline website will indicate if there is a delay in the arrival of any of their ships in the port of departure, or they will call and advise passengers (when possible) to delay their arrival at the terminal. There was a recent fog-related delay in Galveston involving an RCI ship and a few years back the arrival of the Sapphire Princess was delayed about twelve hours because of a mechanical problem she experienced enroute back to LA. We were already in Los Angeles, having flown in from Boston a day earlier, and when we went back to the airport to pick up our Princess' transfers, we were advised of the problem and taken to a nearby hotel where we stayed until that evening when we were bussed to the cruise pier. When we arrived at the hotel we were provided with lunch. It was quite crowded by the time they were finally able to transport us to the pier but they did the best that they could do under the circumstances. If it appears that weather conditions could delay your ship, call the cruiseline and get whatever information they are able to provide. Then all you can do is wait.:)

Archived