Need a NICE bed in Ft Lauderdale..Help!!!!

disneydiane61

Dh and I arrive in FLL on Friday 3/20 @ 10:30 pm. We need a nice bed to place our heads for the night before getting on the Ruby Princess. It would be great to find a place nearby for quick taxi or possible shuttle. Prices seem to be through the roof... other posters say it is because spring break. Any help woud be greatly appreciated. Will try with Priceline a couple of weeks before...but ...may not be a good choice if the "spring break" thing is going on. Advice??? Suggestions????

Thanks

Diane

Dh and I arrive in FLL on Friday 3/20 @ 10:30 pm. We need a nice bed to place our heads for the night before getting on the Ruby Princess. It would be great to find a place nearby for quick taxi or possible shuttle. Prices seem to be through the roof... other posters say it is because spring break. Any help woud be greatly appreciated. Will try with Priceline a couple of weeks before...but ...may not be a good choice if the "spring break" thing is going on. Advice??? Suggestions????

Thanks

Diane

Not sure why you would wait till a couple of weeks before to use priceline. Decide what you are willing to bid and try now. If it works great, if not then you can wait and try every couple of days.

My sister just booked the Renaissance (4* Downtown/Port Everglade area) using Hotwire for the same night you are looking for. She got it for $133.00 plus tax. Others have got it for less using Priceline but she was afraid to get something else. With Hotwire you can use the icons to guide you in your choices and are more likely to get what you think you are getting.

I would only wait to book if you have a cancelable backup.

I think the Renaissance is back on hotwire for your date at $141.00 and the Sheraton Yankee Clipper (3* beach zone ) for $121.00

Good Luck and yes, you need to be a bid of a risk taker.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got the yankee Clipper for $95 for 3/14 for 1 night on Priceline. I too had been having no luck finding a decent hotel for under $100. Hope this helps...I did start at $90 and upped it $5 when they suggested I up the bid another $22. I just wanted a room with a bed. So I feel I lucked out. AAA rate was $199 & AARP rate was $194.50 for the same day.

I just got the yankee Clipper for $95 for 3/14 for 1 night on Priceline. I too had been having no luck finding a decent hotel for under $100. Hope this helps...I did start at $90 and upped it $5 when they suggested I up the bid another $22. I just wanted a room with a bed. So I feel I lucked out. AAA rate was $199 & AARP rate was $194.50 for the same day.

I got the yankee clipper on price line for 100 in december. I wished I had bid less for a 3 star!

If you google "Hotwire hotel list Florida" you will find more clues to deciphering the hotels being offered. I'm going to try this for 1 nt. precruise 3/4 now that I've narrowing my choices down to beach or las olas/downtown. Beats paying full price.

Archived