VIP embarkation question

xtinehowie

Hi-

We are booked on the February 12 Elation out of San Diego. There are 9 of us going. If 7 of us have VIP access (we are in Cat 12 cabins) but my mom and my youngest son are in a lower category cabin. Can we all still do VIP, or do they need to go in the "regular" line? How strict are they when it comes to families traveling together? We all want to go on the ship at the same time. This is for my moms b-day and it is also her first cruise (not that that really matters I guess, in this situation ) Thanks in advance for your time!

Christine

hi christine.. i do not have an asnwer for you based on experience, just on what others have answered for other posters. Seems alot will be up to the Carnival agent you get as to whether your mom and son can board with you or not. seems that some will allow it, but it is not a perk that they are entilted to, and if everyone with VIP entitlement had others in their party able to join them that didn't have the right, then there would be nobenefit for the VIP embarkation... seems the correct thing to do is for you all to wait with your mother and son.

My experience with all the cruise lines has been that IF your group is related there was no question. The first cruise we had our DBILand DS, and the second cruise we had our DD, DGD, DSIL. The disclamer here is that these were our relatives.

HTH

While each port is different.....(some more strict than others)....I believe common sense will prevail. Carnival is not going to separate a minor child from their family and since your Mom is in the same cabin with YOUR minor child...she also will be included (since their Sail and Sign card will be in the same package).

Now, what I would do is MAKE SURE the TA or PVP has "linked" your Suite with their cabin. This also assures that you will all be dining together.

Have a great cruise....

your group may board together

No, they may not.

It is totally up to the agent in theVIP lounge whether or not they can board together.

The 2 who are not VIP are not set up for vip boarding....their documents, S&S cards and all information is located at the regular checkin... Only those designated VIP have documents in the vip lounge.

To board non-VIP, the agent in the room would have to run around the general boarding area rounding up the non-vip documents and other information. Depending upon how busy VIP is, they won't have the time to chase down non-vip docs.

If the entire party arrives early at the pier, one should go into the lounge and enquire if all can be checked in. Chances are, if the lounge isn't busy at that time, they may permit it......but don't count on it - especially if there are other passengers in the lounge waiting to checkin.

Now, if the non-vip passengers are sharing a cabin with a VIP, they can checkin there...otherwise, there is no guarantee and more than likely the request will be denied. The VIP checkin is there for a reason for those who have earned it by being Platinum or paying for a suite... One of the perks is a quick, seamless, painless checkin in a separate area. That is not extended to non-vip cruisers.

No' date=' they may not.

It is totally up to the agent in theVIP lounge whether or not they can board together.

[/quote']

Well there is no VIP lounge at the San Diego port.............so from MY experience I will say they will be able to check in all together.

WE have done this twice in San Diego......

OP you will not have a problem

Well there is no VIP lounge at the San Diego port.............so from MY experience I will say they will be able to check in all together.

WE have done this twice in San Diego......

OP you will not have a problem

Well, good for YOU. But, it does kind of lessen the value of the benefit for those that have earned it or purchased it (suite) if they end up having to wait on a large group whose S&S, etc aren't in the VIP area. I'm not sure why those that aren't VIP cant' just get in line and meet up later. Unless there are minor children involved, I dont' think it's necessary for ADULTS do you? I mean, really?

Are these adults incapable of getting in the regular line? If they wanted VIP,they should have booked a suite.

And, yes, this bugs me because we have paid for it and as hard as it is for some to understand, this is a benefit and a privelege, not a right.

Well, good for YOU. But, it does kind of lessen the value of the benefit for those that have earned it or purchased it (suite) if they end up having to wait on a large group whose S&S, etc aren't in the VIP area. I'm not sure why those that aren't VIP cant' just get in line and meet up later. Unless there are minor children involved, I dont' think it's necessary for ADULTS do you? I mean, really?

Are these adults incapable of getting in the regular line? If they wanted VIP,they should have booked a suite.

And, yes, this bugs me because we have paid for it and as hard as it is for some to understand, this is a benefit and a privelege, not a right.

For us this is the issue, there is a MINOR involved, as I said in my op MY young son is in a cabin with my mother, who just booked a regular balcony cabin. If it was just adults I would totally be willing to wait for them.

So I guess we will ask and see what they say when we get to the port. Regardless I can't wait for the cruise:D. Thanks to everyone who took time with their answers.

You know honestly, if you want to argue find someone that will argue with you:rolleyes:

The op asked a question and I gave an honest answer.....how you feel is a problem you need to deal with....not me....

Archived