New Family Programs on RCCL including PreOrder Diapers/Wipes

Here is the latest from Royal Caribbean for those who travel with children....

Babies on the Go Program

Now you can leave your diaper bag at home when you come onboard a Royal Caribbean cruise. We’ve partnered with Huggies® to bring you Babies on the Go, our new program that lets you pre-order diapers, wipes and cream. These baby essentials will be delivered to your stateroom upon your arrival, so you can pack lighter for your trip. Available to order online in March 2009 through Royal Caribbean’s Gifts & Gear page at RoyalCaribbean.com.

Fisher-Price Toy Lending Program

Draw from an onboard treasure chest of Fisher-Price toys during your stay with us. Our Fisher-Price Toy Lending Program consists of a collection of developmental toys, specifically created for infants and toddlers ages 6-36 months. Borrow and exchange toys for a new activity every day, and help your little one’s growing mind learn through play.

Stroller Mates Workout

Stay on track by continuing your morning exercise regimen—even while you’re out at sea. With our Stroller Mates Workout, you and your baby can enjoy a morning session on the jogging track, dedicated to guests with infants in strollers.

Wow - that's a great idea! I wonder how the diapers... will be priced.

2 kids in diapers = lots of diapers to pack!!!

I was wondering the same thing - the price. And frankly I am hoping that they don't mess this up. Can you imagine if the order doesn't arrive? :eek: It happens with the other gifts, I hope it doesn't happen with the diapers.

I'm glad to see that those of us with children UNDER 3 are getting a little help! Personally I've always felt that there wasn't much thought put into those of us that may be traveling with babies- especially ones too young for the organized play groups (haven't really heard too much favorable about the 1 hour play sessions for younger kids) or banned from the pools. This is a great start though!

I'm glad to see that those of us with children UNDER 3 are getting a little help! Personally I've always felt that there wasn't much thought put into those of us that may be traveling with babies- especially ones too young for the organized play groups (haven't really heard too much favorable about the 1 hour play sessions for younger kids) or banned from the pools. This is a great start though!

I think RCCL is starting to recognize that and see that parents with kids under 3 have money too. :D

When we first started, there was very little for kids under 3. Now it seems like new programs/ammenities are coming out every few weeks on different cruise lines.

Oasis/Allure will have the Royal Babies/Tots nursery. So I am betting that if it works on Oasis, you will see it spread to the rest of the fleet. :D

Of course, by then your kids won't be under 3 anymore...lol. ;)

There is a reason they are banned from the pools. There was a thread on here that had a discussion about pools, and there was a post by someone who monitors the pools for chemicals etc. After reading that post, I don't think I'd ever put my child in diapers in a pool again! It wasn't pleasant.....I couldn't find it to link to it but you may be able to if you scroll back through the postings.

There is a reason they are banned from the pools. There was a thread on here that had a discussion about pools, and there was a post by someone who monitors the pools for chemicals etc. After reading that post, I don't think I'd ever put my child in diapers in a pool again! It wasn't pleasant.....I couldn't find it to link to it but you may be able to if you scroll back through the postings.

Just to clarify, all cruise lines "ban them from pools". Royal Caribbean and Disney are the only ones that created a baby water splash zone for kids in diapers. You'll see it on your Indy cruise. It's located in the H20 zone.

Just didn't want you to see kids in diapers on Indy and tell the crew to have them removed...lol. Unless, they are outside the Baby Zone. ;)

Just to clarify, all cruise lines "ban them from pools". Royal Caribbean and Disney are the only ones that created a baby water splash zone for kids in diapers. You'll see it on your Indy cruise. It's located in the H20 zone.

Just didn't want you to see kids in diapers on Indy and tell the crew to have them removed...lol. Unless, they are outside the Baby Zone. ;)

Well, the banning shouldn't just be for babies and toddlers either if you know what I mean.

holy cow....this is HUGE for us. Diapers and wipes available on the ship? That is so great.

When we travel with our kids (2 in diapers now)...I always have the attitude of, "Pack everything we need, but no worries because there is always a Wal-Mart or Target available where we are going". I can't have that attitude on a cruise ship - I had better pack MORE than enough diapers/wipes/etc. because there aren't any available, and OMG what are you going to do if you run out?

So, the fact that diapers and wipes are even available on the ship at all -- even as a last resort -- that is so fantastic. RCI, here we come!!

now, the walking with the strollers and the toy lending -- those are nice gestures and I appreciate the thoughts. But, the diaper thing is what caught my eye!!

I was wondering the same thing - the price. And frankly I am hoping that they don't mess this up. Can you imagine if the order doesn't arrive? :eek: It happens with the other gifts, I hope it doesn't happen with the diapers.

I was thinking the same thing. Do you think this is something that will be delivered to the ship while in port and then delivered to your stateroom? Or will there be a stock of diapers on board so that you wouldn't have to worry if something happened to your order they could just fix it right there.

We will be bringing our 2 year old grandson with us in April and it sure would be nice to not have to pack so many diapers. The worrier in me though says to pack them anyways.

It will be such a new program when we sail that we probably won't see many reviews for this service before we leave.

I guess it will depend on the price of the diapers too. Even if they are a little over priced it would probably still be worth saving an extra suitcase with the fees the airlines are charging for extra luggage these days. Guess we will have to wait until March to see.

I also like the toy lending idea. It will be nice to have some toys available that we can take around to other parts of the ship without having to worry about packing a bunch of stuff in our suitcase. Hopefully they sanitize each one when they are returned. I'm not usually a germ a phobic but with kids toys they sure seem to end up in their mouths a lot.

Those are great ideas - especially the toy lending.

We always bought diapers in the port city (didn't bring them on the plane), but we did pack toys (which had to be re-packed and brought home) so it is the toy lending that would be the concept that would free up space in our luggage the most.

Great job RCCL in making it easier to travel with the under 3's.

I want to know how to take advantage of the toy lending program and the stroller mates as well sounds great to me!

Well I can imagine that they will either hand out flyers and include the info from the Royal Tots/Babies program with the toy lending program. If they don't, then head to purser's and ask if they know anything about the toy lending program. They may redirect you to Adventure Ocean, they may not.

The stroller mates will have to appear on the compass (I would think). They would have to designate a time for it.

We were on the December 13 Liberty of the Seas with our 22 month old and there were a ton of great programs available!

The youth staff told us they were testing new stuff all over the fleet in anticipation of Oasis and new programs. They did the Toy Lending (which also included Books!) and it was really nice. Big toys, little toys, everything was sanitized and you could keep it as long or short as you wanted.

They also had the stroller program, and three one hour sessions a day for the under 3's. It was really nice and really well done.

I really hope that this program is on the Navigator for our Transatlantic in April, has anyone been on the Navigator lately?

We were on the December 13 Liberty of the Seas with our 22 month old and there were a ton of great programs available!

The youth staff told us they were testing new stuff all over the fleet in anticipation of Oasis and new programs. They did the Toy Lending (which also included Books!) and it was really nice. Big toys, little toys, everything was sanitized and you could keep it as long or short as you wanted.

They also had the stroller program, and three one hour sessions a day for the under 3's. It was really nice and really well done.

I really hope that this program is on the Navigator for our Transatlantic in April, has anyone been on the Navigator lately?

Thank you, this is very good information to have since we will be on the Liberty in April with a 2 year old!

This is great news! I have not so fond memories of trying to find diapers in St. Thomas - and paying a TON of money for them. Even if the mark-up is more on the ship than at home, it would be worth it not to have to pack all that stuff in my suitcase.

Now if they will let us mommies bring a bottle of wine on board with us, all will be happy!

we are not bringing jogging stroller but are bringing a regular stroller, smaller and not as cumbersome for our plans, I assume we are welcome for this activity as well, it is sturdy.

Love the toy lending option, we are on Navigator, feb 23rd

Oh joy. Will they now ban bringing diapers because they sell them on the ship and it would cause their bottom line to shrink. I can see the thread now........"How can I smuggle my diapers in my carry-on without visiting the naughty room."

Seriously though, it's a good idea. The front desk once called my daughter to ask if she had any extra diapers to spare. Another passenger forgot to pack them. I guess they cross checked the age of the child. Luckily my daughter is an over packer and had enough to share.

Dotsie

Archived