Will they honor price drop with group rate?

Cruisefan7

We booked our group cruise last February through a local TA and we have 15 rooms booked. The final payment date is tomorrow. I've noticed in the past that the rates have dropped below our group rate, and as of today--they're $150 cheaper per person, along with a free upgrade. My TA told me that they won't give price drops since its part of a group rate, and were getting one free room's credit. I know i've heard of groups at least getting OBC when the price dropped. Anyone else heard of this?

No, they won't lower your rate.

As a group, you've already received certain perks and allowances that are not available to individuals. In addition, whoever made the groups arrangements has contracted the conditions of the group with Carnival and those conditions must be met and can't be changed by either party....

After final payment, no. We've had price drops with our group before, but one time lost an amenity because of it... you have to weigh what you want more... sometimes you can get it, sometimes you can... depends on how much, the amenities and the TA you booked through...

Well, in our case they did lower it,One of our members noticd the drop and called the ta who handles groups. Everyones price drop was different, as we are booked in all cabin categories. For us it was 79$ per person.Every one in the group got this..in addition to the group perks,so,never say never

If the group rate drops they will drop the price (I just did this for a 2010 cruise). Some things to think about, some of the cabin categories have changed on some of the ships so that may impact the price change. For example, on the Pride the old 8Cs on the aft of the ship are now 8Is so the original bookings were given a 'complimentary upgrade'. 8Is are more expensive now. But do remember, it is the group rate that has to drop, not the passenger rate that you see on many booking sites. You could change your rates to the regular booking rates but you would lose your group perks. As GoinCruisin said, you have to get all of the options and figure out the best situation for you. Good luck!

I booked a group cruise through a TA, but am not sure if I have the 8 cabins booked yet for the group rate. I'm not positive if I have a group rate. It doesn't look like I'm getting many perks for a group cruise on the Imagination in July. I think I may get 2 or 3 points if I get the 8 cabins booked.

I am going to get in touch with TA to see if I can get discount. I see they are offering an early saver special for 319 so the total is 722 and some change for ocean view. We booked for 916 per O.V stateroom for two people. I hope I don't have any problems getting the price reduced for me and my group.

We are booked on a group rate with a TA for the Splendor July, 2009. We have had two price drops in the last two weeks. It is possible.

Never say never; if it's before final payment, there are always options. But do weigh all those options as taking a rate reductions may mean you lose some of the perks. We didn't book with TA but booked with Carnival direct and they've been pretty receptive to our requests for a rate adjustment over the past few months since final payment isn't here yet. Keep in mind the taxes and fees will be adjusted too so you definitely have to weigh all options. And with a deck plan change; we too saw a 'complimentary upgrade' on some of our categories because of that so when I'm watching the rates, I always take that into consideration.

Archived