Cruising with an infant

austin1216

Does anyone know what cruise lines offer a discount for cruising with an infant? I know NCL only charges port charges/taxes, are there any other cruise lines that offer something similar? It seems crazy to pay a full 3rd passenger fee for a 7 month old!

Thanks

Well it's crazy but then it's not. ;) Some ships do offer services for the infant crowd...so they have to pay for it somehow. :)

It's like this -

NCL - like you said, charges port fees/taxes

MSC - kids sail free but I HIGHLY suggest you read the reviews before you book it. They haven't been good and I can't (with good conscience) recommend them without a warning

Disney - discounted prices based on ages. So the younger they are, the cheaper they are. Which is good, BUT, you will usually pay more for the 1st/2nd person in the cabin on Disney. So the discount is cancelled out.

Those who DO charge 3rd/4th rate for the infant -

Carnival and Royal Caribbean - You can often get some REALLY cheap deals on these cruise lines. So if the 1st/2nd person is only $189...then the 3rd/4th is less....you are cruising for a pretty cheap price overall.

Frankly, I would rather pay for an infant than to be on a sucky cruise overall. :D

Archived