Southern caribbean on the noordam

snorkler

I'm hoping some of you that have "been there, done that" cruising experience can advise me. I'm looking at a 10 night Southern Carribean on the Noordam for either Jan. or Feb. of 2010. There are some early booking deals but I'm wondering if I should wait till closer to the sailing to book and hope for a better price, or do you think I should book now? Also, is Janurary for February the best time to go to Aruba and Curacao?

There are some good prices out there now. If the economy improves, they may go up. I tend to be an early booker.

What do you mean by "best"? Crowds? Weather? I cruised to both islands in late November of 2006. They day we visited Aruba, they had 8 inches :eek: of rain. Almost unheard of, since it's a desert isle that gets 15 inches total per year. There was massive flooding. Curacao was extremely hot and humid. A lot of people don't realize how close it is to South America.

Roz

It's probably a coin toss re weather. Generally speaking, I think you will find weather a little more stable in February than January. We have taken several 10 day southern Caribbean cruise and enjoyed them all. Do note this: The cruises that operate around Valentine's Day and the President's Day holiday are the first to book up. It is highly doubtful you will find any last minute deals on mid-February cruises.

We were trying to decide the same thing. Our choices were the Noordam or Ruby Princess. We opted for a PH suite on the Ruby Princess which was less money than a SA suite on the Noordam. Yes, we have cruised in SA suites and know the perks of the Neptune Lounge. We have previously cruised in AA mini-suites with Princess.

The infamous James Deering pointed out the pro/cons of both ships. Our choice was Ruby Princess January 19, 2010. Here's hoping the weather is decent for us. :)

Archived