Just off Liberty today, anyone have any ?'s

J-Hawk

Thanks for the response. Overall how would you rate it and would you be willing to do another RCCL freedom class?

It is my second time on this class; we were on the Freedom 2 years ago. I will not cruise on another freedom class ship, they are just too crowded. It is as if they added many more cabins/people and not much more common space. We are now considering cancelling the Oasis for next January and switching to a smaller ship. We loved the Mariner and thought that her size was perfect.

I hope this wasn't asked already.

Were the reserved chairs for suite guests being used? Do you know if they were empty were you able to use them? I thought I read of people asking the deck crew if they could sit there since they were not being used? Were you able to order things off of room service that were not on the room service menu?

Thanks!

I did see an area reserved for suite guests, although it looked pretty small and was all being used. I tried to order vanilla yogurt on the room service menu and didn't get it, but they may not have had it.

I'll speak for myself and hubby only - we would rate this cruise on a scale of 1 to 10 as probably a 7. We talked about the large ship on the way home and since we never used all the amenities (flowrider, H20 zone, etc.) we won't worry about cruising the freedom class again anytime soon. I actually enjoyed Mariner of the Seas much better than this ship. These super ships hold way too many passengers and not enough staff in our opinion. We talked to staff about the Oasis and it's funny that most say they will not ask to go to this ship as it will be way too big and not enough staff to do the work.

Again, these are just our opinions on this ship versus other RCL ships we've cruised. I'm not saying Liberty is not a good ship, rather since we are two adults traveling we find that these super ships with all the amenities are really geared toward families.

Cecilia, we seem to have the same opinions about a lot of things, I wish I ran into you on the ship (not literally, though)!! Are you one of those passengers from Maryland that kept winning at Bingo?

Cecilia, we seem to have the same opinions about a lot of things, I wish I ran into you on the ship (not literally, though)!! Are you one of those passengers from Maryland that kept winning at Bingo?

Nope, I never played bingo during the week so I was not the Marylander who won.

Yep, looks like we have some of the same opinions. Hubby and I won't be seeking out cruises on the freedom class anytime soon, and I have no desire to cruise on Oasis. That would be way too many people for me.

I'm with you, they added more cabins to accommodate more people but the open space on the pool decks pretty much remained the same.

It was nice seeing this class of ship, but I'm not into all these amenities. We cruise to relax!

I wish I had not missed the meet and mingle, but I was still out of sorts from the bronchitis.

Nope, I never played bingo during the week so I was not the Marylander who won.

Yep, looks like we have some of the same opinions. Hubby and I won't be seeking out cruises on the freedom class anytime soon, and I have no desire to cruise on Oasis. That would be way too many people for me.

I'm with you, they added more cabins to accommodate more people but the open space on the pool decks pretty much remained the same.

It was nice seeing this class of ship, but I'm not into all these amenities. We cruise to relax!

I wish I had not missed the meet and mingle, but I was still out of sorts from the bronchitis.

I never received an invitation to the Meet and Mingle, even though we were signed up.

I wish that the ground would stop rocking! I never get seasick, but I do feel nauseas once we get back on land!!

Here are a couple of notes. No chocolate on the pillows; we were in an interior cabin. Travel companions were in a balcony room and did get chocolates. Crown and Anchor gift was baseball caps for adults, small carry on type bag for 9 year old and bendable crayons for 7 year old. No $14.95 steak on DR menu. There was My Time Dining available.

Which nights were formal nights? I have seen in Dec it was 2 and 5 but those reporting in Jan say it was 2 and labadee night 6

Thanx

I never received an invitation to the Meet and Mingle, even though we were signed up.

I wish that the ground would stop rocking! I never get seasick, but I do feel nauseas once we get back on land!!

We were on Jan. 10-17 and never got an invite to the Meet and Mingle either. What is going on? I think RCI is dropping the ball on this!

What was the itinerary?

Lots of kids?

Food quality?

Thanx

1/17 Left Miami

1/18 At Sea

1/19 San Juan, PR (3 pm to 10 pm)

1/20 St. Maarten (9 am to 5 pm)

1/21 At Sea

1/22 Labadee (8 am to 4:30 pm)

1/23 At Sea

1/24 Back at Miami

Not sure about the San Juan part of the trip. We arrived late in the day and I think most folks were back on the ship by dark except for some who did excursions in the dark.

Labadee day it rained so all excursions were cancelled.

I think someone said there were about 550 kids on board but I don't know for sure. They did not seem to be unrulely until the last night. I think the adventure ocean program is closed on the last sea day and you could tell as kids were running up and down the halls and playing on the stairs/elevators.

Food quality - was okay but I've had better food on previous RCL cruises. I hate to say it but I think the food quality must go down when cooking for this many passengers. It must be like a production line in the kitchens on the ship.

Remember, these are just my thoughts/opinions. People cruise for different reasons. While this ship may have been too crowded for me, you may enjoy it if you like crowds.

We were on Jan. 10-17 and never got an invite to the Meet and Mingle either. What is going on? I think RCI is dropping the ball on this!

We had tent cards left in our room one night. Had I not looked closely at them I would never have known they were the invites.

Jennifer, I never get seasick while on the ship. I tend to have problems back on land and today I feel like I am walking lopsided! Don't run the water and stand by it...haha!

Thank you all for the information you are giving. Love reading it , if you think of anything else, keep it coming please

Serenade is the largest ship we have been on. Regretting a little the big ship choice, but we got an aft corner so plan on spending a lot of time there reading and relaxing watching the waves go by. ahhhhh. can't wait

Thank you all for the information you are giving. Love reading it , if you think of anything else, keep it coming please

Serenade is the largest ship we have been on. Regretting a little the big ship choice, but we got an aft corner so plan on spending a lot of time there reading and relaxing watching the waves go by. ahhhhh. can't wait

Hubby and I are looking at a cruise on Serenade of the Seas for December. Did you enjoy this ship?

I really did like the Serenade. It is a beautiful ship and a great size in my opinion.

They have the Seaview Cafe for Sandwiches and stuff . Not lots of things like Johnny Rockets and places like that

We did the Southern Caribbean and has been my favorite cruise so far.

just back from the 1/17 sailing of LOS and have to mention issues with windjammer buffet. First couple of day windjammer was very crowded and very difficult to find seats, but what was really annoying was the announcements during breakfast and lunch pretty much stating eat and get out followed by a commercial for portofinos and chops. It was not condusive to an enjoyable meal. Music was played very loud during these times also I complained to guest relations and windjammer supervisor. It did stop for the last 3 days and music was lowered.

just back from the 1/17 sailing of LOS and have to mention issues with windjammer buffet. First couple of day windjammer was very crowded and very difficult to find seats, but what was really annoying was the announcements during breakfast and lunch pretty much stating eat and get out followed by a commercial for portofinos and chops. It was not condusive to an enjoyable meal. Music was played very loud during these times also I complained to guest relations and windjammer supervisor. It did stop for the last 3 days and music was lowered.

I fully agree that these announcements were annoying on this sailing. I have never felt so unwelcome in the Windjammer as on this ship. I guess that's what you get when you are trying to feed 4600 people meals in short windows of time.

What I found more annoying, however, were the number of tables being held while other members of the large parties had not shown up. Maybe if they would have stopped some of this others could have eaten and gotten out.

Several days I opted to just eat at the counter stools rather than try to fight for a seat.

Archived