Just off Liberty today, anyone have any ?'s

J-Hawk

Here are a couple of notes. No chocolate on the pillows; we were in an interior cabin. Travel companions were in a balcony room and did get chocolates. Crown and Anchor gift was baseball caps for adults, small carry on type bag for 9 year old and bendable crayons for 7 year old. No $14.95 steak on DR menu. There was My Time Dining available.

did you pick mtd? I have lots of questions if you did.

1. did you sign up for it on the ship?

2. did you arrive daily or just show up whenever you wanted?

3. did you prefer this over regular seating?

If you were on the eastern do you remember what nights the ice show was on?

We did not pick mtd, but they had sign up on the ship the first couple days. Tips are put on your sea pass and all of the mtd guests used the dining room on the top level (5th floor) only. You show up whenever you want, but you can make reservations, too. As for the iceshow, it was done several times throughout the cruise, even day 7 at 1:30 p.m.! Ticket were not handed out, since there were more options to see it than there were in the past. We were eastern.

Here are a couple of notes. No chocolate on the pillows; we were in an interior cabin. Travel companions were in a balcony room and did get chocolates. Crown and Anchor gift was baseball caps for adults, small carry on type bag for 9 year old and bendable crayons for 7 year old. No $14.95 steak on DR menu. There was My Time Dining available.

How was the ship? How was the food, the entertainment?

Yeah, one question...

GOT ANY PICTURES?!!

We cruised Liberty in December...lots of pics linked in my signature.

And one note, we had 3 inside cabins in our group, and everyone got chocolate mints (and towel animals) every night.

Sue

I know you said no 14.95 steak but was there a steak option on the alternative menu every night like there used to be? I am really sweating over this as Hubs is a picky eater and that was his go to all the time.

I never got the courage to mention the 14.95 option

Any idea on port day or end of cruise massage specials?

I know you said no 14.95 steak but was there a steak option on the alternative menu every night like there used to be? I am really sweating over this as Hubs is a picky eater and that was his go to all the time.

We were on Liberty in December and yes there is always a steak option every night. I had it once and it was actually quite good.

- Steve

Any idea on port day or end of cruise massage specials?

Yes, there was a steak option every night. We did not use the spa, but there were specials for most days. I got the feeling that people were not using the spa like they used to, since they were constantly posting specials. My sister-in-law did use the spa for a massage and was able to get an appointment right away on a sea day!

The ship was great, but the common areas did get crowded. I have never cruised with so many rude people, who were very happy to just knock you over. It was like they were playing chicken with you every time you walk down the hallway. I think that all of these cheap deals have lowered the bar on common courtesy. The entertainment was the best that I have seen on a ship, from the main stage productions all the way to the piano player in the Schooner Bar. I could have done without the accordian player in the MDR, though. Food was just okay for the most part, although it didn't stop me from overeating! Sushi in the Windjammer at night was great as was Portofino.

Do teens usually get a different gift or the same as the adults?

Our next cruise is our 2nd RCCL and we finally qualify!

Jacquelyn :D

I don't know about teens, but they will get something as long as they are also signed up as Crown and Anchor members.

The ship was great, but the common areas did get crowded. I have never cruised with so many rude people, who were very happy to just knock you over. It was like they were playing chicken with you every time you walk down the hallway. I think that all of these cheap deals have lowered the bar on common courtesy. The entertainment was the best that I have seen on a ship, from the main stage productions all the way to the piano player in the Schooner Bar. I could have done without the accordian player in the MDR, though. Food was just okay for the most part, although it didn't stop me from overeating! Sushi in the Windjammer at night was great as was Portofino.

Thanks for the response. Overall how would you rate it and would you be willing to do another RCCL freedom class?

We were in a balcony room and did not get chocolates on the pillows. Did have towel animals every night though.

Food - was okay; have had better on other cruises.

Ship - is beautiful, big, and has a lot of amenities.

Entertainment - production shows were great; ice show was awesome, especially the skater with the hula hoops; the special guests (comedian, juggler, etc.) I've seen before on other cruises - I was hoping to see the Nelson's but not on this trip. The first parade on the Promenade was the best of the two.

Yes, there was a steak option every night. We did not use the spa, but there were specials for most days. I got the feeling that people were not using the spa like they used to, since they were constantly posting specials. My sister-in-law did use the spa for a massage and was able to get an appointment right away on a sea day!

I agree that the spa is not being used as much. Our dinner table mates were in their cabin the first sea day and said they got a telemarketing call from the spa. The lady said when she was asked if she would like to schedule an appointment and told them no the woman got rude with her. Maybe if the prices were lower and the appointments didn't end up with a sales pitch for products more would use it.

I agree with your comment about rude people on this sailing. My husband and I have never encountered so many rude people. It was one of those "it's all about me" weeks. I also think the ship had more foreigners on it than Americans. And, talk about playing chicken...hubby and I like to use the walking track on the top deck. Well, when the sun was out and the sunseekers were up there we were constantly playing dodge the chairs on the path.

We had a great relaxing time since we tend to make the best of all situations while cruising. We stayed away from the crowded pool deck on sea days and opted to lounge on the 4th deck outside area.

As for eating in the Windjammer...we never did find a good time to go and were always hunting for seats.

Thanks for the response. Overall how would you rate it and would you be willing to do another RCCL freedom class?

I'll speak for myself and hubby only - we would rate this cruise on a scale of 1 to 10 as probably a 7. We talked about the large ship on the way home and since we never used all the amenities (flowrider, H20 zone, etc.) we won't worry about cruising the freedom class again anytime soon. I actually enjoyed Mariner of the Seas much better than this ship. These super ships hold way too many passengers and not enough staff in our opinion. We talked to staff about the Oasis and it's funny that most say they will not ask to go to this ship as it will be way too big and not enough staff to do the work.

Again, these are just our opinions on this ship versus other RCL ships we've cruised. I'm not saying Liberty is not a good ship, rather since we are two adults traveling we find that these super ships with all the amenities are really geared toward families.

I hope this wasn't asked already.

Were the reserved chairs for suite guests being used? Do you know if they were empty were you able to use them? I thought I read of people asking the deck crew if they could sit there since they were not being used? Were you able to order things off of room service that were not on the room service menu?

Thanks!

Archived