Great places to eat lunch in Ketchikan

NightRN

We are planning on doing the horse-drawn carriage ride in the morning and then sightseeing around town. We would like to eat at a good restaurant in town for lunch. Nothing way too expensive. Does anyone have any good recommendations?

people really don't come to the southeast to dine. the first question asked of someone that comes back from a vacation/trip is not "where did you go?" but rather "what did you eat?"

so.....great? you'll get good food.

in ktn, take the funicular (tramway located on the backside of creekstreet, i think they charge a buck in the summer) to the cape fox. the restaurant has a wonderful overlook view of downtown ktn and the cruise docks. their chowder is almost as good as mine.............

annabelle's has a nice aged dark wood atmosphere but not a place to go for a view to accompany your meal.

if you want local color and straight forward food, the pioneer cafe just north of the pink federal building and the southeast alaska discovery center. my goto breakfast place.

best burger in town is the burger queen, just north of the tunnel. about 5 blocks north of the cruise docks. easy to find w/ just a little help w/ directions.

the oriental or mexican are pretty routine.

steamers, in the three story right at the cruise docks has a great view but really random food at a high cost.

the cape fox or annabelles should have good raw oyesters from the farms on pow.

It's easy walking distance. Shoot, I walk from our place up by the high school down to the cruise ship dock everyday during the summer. Even on the rainy days. It's a nice stroll and gives you a chance to see the eagles that are usually hanging out by the cannery. Lot's of people miss that.

It's easy walking distance. Shoot, I walk from our place up by the high school down to the cruise ship dock everyday during the summer. Even on the rainy days. It's a nice stroll and gives you a chance to see the eagles that are usually hanging out by the cannery. Lot's of people miss that.

Where is the cannery located?

You are so right our 2nd or 3d trip there we were tied up across from the cannery. There were more eagles than seagulls. Diving, fighting for the food amazing. Better than the Valley of the Eagles in Haines.

You have been there 12 years, I think GlacierLady has been in Seward about 12 years. Not trying to pry just curious what Alaskans do in the off season besides CC & TA and we thank you for that. She took the Gov's money and went to Costa Rica this winter what do you do?

You are so right our 2nd or 3d trip there we were tied up across from the cannery. There were more eagles than seagulls. Diving, fighting for the food amazing. Better than the Valley of the Eagles in Haines.

You have been there 12 years, I think GlacierLady has been in Seward about 12 years. Not trying to pry just curious what Alaskans do in the off season besides CC & TA and we thank you for that. She took the Gov's money and went to Costa Rica this winter what do you do?

Since I'm retired I just kinda do whatever I want. My current project is a new trommel we are gonna try out on my buddies mining claims this summer. Other than that I make 3 hots for my wife and take care of the grandkid.

If you walk on up the street towards the Plaza Mall and then back around behind the Super 8 Motel you'll be able to pick out some vantage spots for closer eagle viewing. There usually some back over on the pilings behind the Red Anchor cafe.

Since I'm retired I just kinda do whatever I want. My current project is a new trommel we are gonna try out on my buddies mining claims this summer. Other than that I make 3 hots for my wife and take care of the grandkid.

Lived in Colorado foothills all my life should have known what a Trommel is but I had to look it up. Hope you get rich.

Very nice to have someone with a very good knowledge of Ketchikan. Thanks.

Thanks for the info everyone.

Bottom Dragger - the list is wonderful. Even though I'm leaning towards the Cape Fox, I'm going to print it and take it with us. You never know what everyone will be craving on that day.

Archived