Will RCCl fill the hole vacated by NOS?

Mooguy

We were wondering if RCI has plans to replace Navigator with another ship to do the 4/5 day sailings from Ft. Lauderdale once it leaves for the Med in April? I know there is always the Enchantment but it will be away for a while too.

We were wondering if RCI has plans to replace Navigator with another ship to do the 4/5 day sailings from Ft. Lauderdale once it leaves for the Med in April? I know there is always the Enchantment but it will be away for a while too.

I'm not sure what other ships are available during this period when many of the ships in their fleet are sailing in Europe and Alaska and others are sailing out of ports along the Eastern seaboard. Demand for Caribbean cruises is generally lower in the summer months so there is little justification for RCI or other lines to keep many of their ships sailing out of Florida during those months. Given current conditions, I wouldn't think that replacing Navigator in Ft. Lauderdale will be a high priority for them.:)

RCCL definitely has few offerings for the Caribbean in the summer ... and what is offered on the Freedom-class ships is priced astronomically high (at this point, anyway). Enchantment is as good as it's going to get as a NOS replacement for the summer.

The Freedom,The Liberty,The Enchantment,are there,but they want alot for the first 2:rolleyes:

Yeah seriously, I've noticed the same thing. :rolleyes:

I hate to say it, but IMHO RCI's product is not THAT much better than Carnival's to justify paying $500 more for similar accommodations.

Archived