Price drop & Upgrade - thanks CC members

jimmyatc

From reading these boards, I learned how to check for price drops for the cruises we book. I have checked for our 3 previous cruises and had absolutely no luck........UNTIL NOW !!!!!!.......and it was better than I could have ever hoped for :):)

We were booked (balcony D1) on a 5 day Grandeur of the Seas cruise from Tampa in March. I did my usual 2 week check on the price, and there was no difference for the D1. Just for kicks, I clicked on the "Suite" tab to check on the Junior Suite price (our usual room when cruising, but decided to save some money on this one). I was stunned to see a special New York (our home) residency rate, over $100 p.p. less than the D1 room !!!!! I immediately called RCI (because I actually didn't believe it...it wasn't there when i booked in Nov). I spoke to a fantastic young lady (Toni, I believe her name was...BEST employee I have ever spoken to at RCI). She confirmed what I was seeing and happily upgraded us to a JS and refunded us difference. So we got a price drop AND an upgrade...AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First I would like to thank Toni at RCI. She took care of all the necessary changes, helped us with room selection, and resent the cruise docs with the new info and luggage tags (we had already received the cruise docs in the mail). If all employees at RCI were that sweet and helpful, I would just keep booking cruises just to speak to them..lol . BTW, most RCI employees are very good, but Toni was even better:)

Second, I'd like to thank the CC members who continue to pass these fantastic tips to new and old members alike. You are the best :)

I love these boards !!!!!!

Great catch! We were able to upgrade one week prior to cruising from an E1 Balcony to a Grand Suite for only a $50 pp difference. It was wonderful. Enjoy!!

WOW...that's an even bigger jump than me :)

I had a great experience with a RCCL employee on Friday also. I called to make final payment and spoke with Brianna. She was amazing. Without me asking, she said she wanted to check prices in case there was a price drop. Checked the inventory on our cabins (JS and M) and told me there were plenty left, which was good, so I should keep checking prices. We don't cruise till April (finaly payment was due today) but I will check frequently.

On my last RCCL cruise (NOS two years ago) we got about $1,000 back in price drops... but I had booked through an online TA and really had to nag him to get my credit (but I did get it). I didn't go thru RCCL for that booking because the person I got at reservations wasn't nice. Now I know better.

Congratulations on your price drop AND your upgrade! And enjoy your cruise!!!

Archived