Ventura: balcony cabin 'additional bed'

tom_uk

I've been wondering about the position regarding additional beds in Ventura balcony cabins. The brochure I've got (2009, 1st Edition) say that additional beds are provided (in standard balcony cabins) in the form of an upper pullman berth.

Can someone tell me whereabouts in the cabin this upper berth is located? The only place I can see where it would go is down by the balcony door, but I don't know which side - TV side or table side. Anyone know?

I think the third bed is located in the ceiling above and between the two lower beds. I believe if you need to use this bed then you can only have the two lower beds in a twin configuration. If I am wrong I am sure someone will be along shortly to give you the correct information.

Hi, the two lower berths on Ventura come out from the wall in a "usual twin" cabin set up and the pullman berths come out of the ceiling above them. So I would imagine that if you were only using one I would suggest that you use the one against the shower room wall as the berth above the other bed comes down with a side against it on the TV side which affects a/the view of the tv for the person in that bed and b/ the other two beds cannot see the tv either!!

Saying this, the set up of Ventura's cabins gave us far more space and had a much more airy feel as the upper berths disappeared completely during the day.

Happy Cruising - you will have a lovely time I am sure!!

Suzy

Archived