Quest - Singapore to Athens - Private excursions

spanglycruisegirl

We have just booked Singapore to Athens on the Quest this April and are hoping to arrange independent shore excursions at some ports . We would be most grateful for any information/contacts, especially from anyone who was on the reverse cruise from Athens to Singapore last November.

With many thanks in advance

Angela

hi angela

we just booked this cruise as well.....what a great itinerary.....we travel alot(land and sea) and are always interested in small, hopefully inexpensive, private tours....never do the ships.....are most interested in tours from alexandria to cairo and dubai -the reason for this cruise....as for india may be able to get some help from people who once lived there.....looking forward to hearing from you

regards, sandie

Hi Everyone !

I'd suggest trying the "Roll Call" for your sailing, where you will find others who can likely offer some good advice. Enjoy your Cruise !

Hi Everyone !

I'd suggest trying the "Roll Call" for your sailing, where you will find others who can likely offer some good advice. Enjoy your Cruise !

Yes, everyone, welcome and please join us on the roll call AND sign up for the cruise critic party [details near the top of the roll call thread]. There have been a lot of people joining this cruise recently so the conversations have only just got going. So far concerns have been about vaccinations and visa - first things first! And as the last of the Azamara shore excursions have only recently been made available, I am not sure if people have thought much about private excursions yet. Ask the question there.

Sue

There have been huge price drops for this cruise recently - check out your category costings to see if you can benefit. Good luck!

Thank you "Albert Ross" for the advice.

Unfortunately in the UK it seems that the price you pay at time of booking is the price you pay,regardless of any price drops.

We have been "watching & waiting" with this cruise since our Quest Transatlantic last April & I think that we are happy that we booked at a fair price.

Angela

Unfortunately in the UK it seems that the price you pay at time of booking is the price you pay,regardless of any price drops.

We have been "watching & waiting" with this cruise since our Quest Transatlantic last April & I think that we are happy that we booked at a fair price.

Angela

Angela

I have been assured elsewhere on these boards that you CAN get the price drop in the UK. I was surprised but have not tried it because we booked very early and it will be a long time [probably never] before the price drops to what we have paid.

Take a look elsewhere at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=908578&page=3

Sue

Angela

Hi Angela

Actually Albert is correct, UK Cruisers can get price drops ...right up till sailing date :D

Well,I wish I had known this before,but from what I had read on these boards I understood if we booked with a UK TA we couldn't take advantage of any subsequent price reductions. Once we've paid we studiously avoid looking at any current prices ,throw away the newspaper travel sections and don't discuss prices with fellow cruisers !!

Angela

Well,I wish I had known this before,but from what I had read on these boards I understood if we booked with a UK TA we couldn't take advantage of any subsequent price reductions. Once we've paid we studiously avoid looking at any current prices ,throw away the newspaper travel sections and don't discuss prices with fellow cruisers !!

Angela

Hi Angela

Any time you have a cruise booked you can go onto the website and check out the prices..as in a dummy booking..(as if you are going to book a cruise) and if you see the price for cruise...same category cabin is lower than you paid then contact your TA and request the price drop.

Keep watching even after final payment is made, right up to sailing date,the price drop is refunded to your credit card at this stage :D

We have just booked Singapore to Athens on the Quest this April and are hoping to arrange independent shore excursions at some ports . We would be most grateful for any information/contacts, especially from anyone who was on the reverse cruise from Athens to Singapore last November.

With many thanks in advance

Angela

Angela,

We always do our own tours, which sometimes means just walking around. If you'd like to email me, I can give you some contacts from our Nov/Dec reverse cruise for private tours we did in Cochin, Mumbai (though we ended up not going there because of the terrorist attacks), and Alexandria. brucedodge at comcast dot net.

Bruce

Archived