Caribe Hilton Questions

Kelfly

We will be staying at the Hilton for 3 nights pre cruise, early December. I've read both good and bad reviews, so I'll just go with a good attitude!

Is there a grocery store nearby that we could walk to or drive easily to? (we are renting a car one day). We would like to pick up 4-5 bottles of wine, a 6 pack of 7 up, and some bottled water. We stayed at the Embassy last time and there was a Pueblo market nearby that we walked to; however I don't think the Hilton is in the same vicinity.

Also, are there any good restaurants within walking distance for breakfast, lunch, and dinner? We will go into OSJ for dinner at least once, but when we are just hanging out at the hotel beach one day we may wish to go somewhere close by.

Thanks.

We've stayed there twice, both times were excellent experiences.

There's a small convenience market across the street, at the driveway entrance into the Hilton. They have soda, beer, liquor and (if I recall correctly) a very small assortment of wine. They also sell mixed drinks, often to the taxi drivers waiting there for a fare.

A few buildings farther along that street, on the corner, is a local restaurant that has excellent food. We ate there and we got Cuban sandwiches for the beach.

If you're going into Old San Juan, there's a Pueblo Market on the Eastern side of Plaza de Armas with a good selection. There's also a Walgreens across from the plaza.

• 3 weeks later...

We stayed at the Caribe Hilton in September and found the rooms to be old and need of a major renovation. Tile in the shower was coming off the walls and one of the sinks were clogged. When we reported this, maintence never showed up. Also several light bulbs were burned out. Overall, it was the worst Hilton I have ever stayed at. The grounds are beautiful however.

• 5 weeks later...

we stayed at the Caribe foe one night years ago before we left on our first cruise. It's a pretty funny story. We used some kind of FF points and got a free room. We rented a car, and got the biggest piece of junk you can imagine. They drive pretty fast in PR, and we really couldn't even go the speed limit in this car. We pulled up to check in, and the bellman made a big deal about what a great room we were getting. We just rolled our eyes, because we thought it was just one of those lines. Well, we got in our room, and we had the Presidential suite. We had 2 BRs, a sitting room, a kitchen, LR, and DR, along with a washer and dryer!! It was too bad we only stayed one day!! I liked the resort and loved the river pool. Maybe you'll get lucky and get the Presidential Suite.

Joyce

• 2 weeks later...

next christmas, we'll be cruising on serenade. we're gonna be at the caribe before and after the cruise. it looks great on the web site......how far from the pier is it? and....the cruise is supposed to leave at 10:00 p.m. what s the earliest that we can board?

majesty '03

jewel '04

serenade '05

next christmas, we'll be cruising on serenade. we're gonna be at the caribe before and after the cruise. it looks great on the web site......how far from the pier is it? and....the cruise is supposed to leave at 10:00 p.m. what s the earliest that we can board?

Carib Hilton photos.

Less than two miles to the old San Juan Piers.

We boarded the destiny before noon and sailed at 10:00 p.m.

• 2 weeks later...

Cruizobsessed

I am sailing on the Serenade the week prior to Christmas 2005 - departs on 17 December, then staying at the Caribe Hilton for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Will you be on the Serenade over the Christmas week? We are also booked into a hotel for a pre-cruise night, but I don't know which one yet.

hey english rose.....i'm also a cheryl. we're arriving in puerto rico on the 22nd. our ship departs at 10:00 p.m. on christmas eve. we'll be on the serenade till dec. 31.

maybe we can meet in the lobby before i leave and when you get back. i can get up to the minute news about the ship and ports. let me know

Archived