Swiss Chalet/Cafe Pierre?...RayinPR?

kgrassel

As a kid I spent many weeks a year in San Juan on family vacations, and we used to love eating dinner at the Cafe Pierre, next to the Swiss Chalet, at the Pierre Hotel. Am I correct that this is gone now, even though the hotel remains as a Doubletree? We stayed in Isla Verde at the Holiday Inn, which I believe is now the Ritz Carlton, and also stayed at the Racquet Club which is now....???? Also used to eat dinner at the Lemon Tree restaurant in the El San Juan. I also remember a place called Under the Trees, around the corner from Ashford Ave, I think.

We're going back there with my dad on next month on the Liberty, and would like to walk down memory lane a bit...

Anyone with any info on the Swiss Chalet/Cafe Pierre???/

As a kid I spent many weeks a year in San Juan on family vacations, and we used to love eating dinner at the Cafe Pierre, next to the Swiss Chalet, at the Pierre Hotel. Am I correct that this is gone now, even though the hotel remains as a Doubletree? We stayed in Isla Verde at the Holiday Inn, which I believe is now the Ritz Carlton, and also stayed at the Racquet Club which is now....???? Also used to eat dinner at the Lemon Tree restaurant in the El San Juan. I also remember a place called Under the Trees, around the corner from Ashford Ave, I think.

We're going back there with my dad on next month on the Liberty, and would like to walk down memory lane a bit...

We've lived here 5 years now.

I've never seen, nor heard, of those places.

That doesn't mean a lot, but considering there have been no other replies ... perhaps they're not here anymore.

:(

Archived