Life boat drill

zetachi

Not sure if anyone here can answer this or if I need to contact RCCL.

We have 2 rooms booked for IOS Feb trip. It will be myself, DW, DD (3YO) DS (7YO) and my sister. On the cruise docs we have Myself, DW and DS in one cabin and DD and sister in the other. In real life it will be 4 in our cabin and my sister by herself.

We would prefer one of two things. Either DD with us 3 for lifeboat drill or myself and sister switching positions so I can go with DD.

Anyone know if this is possible? Do they take name attendance? If not I could switch places with my sister.

Thanks

Are the two cabins in close proximity to each other? If so, you will likely have the same muster station.

I don't know that they take names but they do have a check list and your cabin number is on your life vest and they make sure the appropriate number of people from each cabin are in attendance.

Not sure if anyone here can answer this or if I need to contact RCCL.

We have 2 rooms booked for IOS Feb trip. It will be myself, DW, DD (3YO) DS (7YO) and my sister. On the cruise docs we have Myself, DW and DS in one cabin and DD and sister in the other. In real life it will be 4 in our cabin and my sister by herself.

We would prefer one of two things. Either DD with us 3 for lifeboat drill or myself and sister switching positions so I can go with DD.

Anyone know if this is possible? Do they take name attendance? If not I could switch places with my sister.

Thanks

Hi there,

There is actually a bit more to it because both your children fall into the "YEP" program. All kids between 3-11 years need their emergency wristband which will be given to them upon boarding (or during the drill). Since you have your 2 children split into 2 different staterooms, there is a chance they will be located at different muster stations with different coloured wristbands. So even if for the drill - you just bring her along to your station with your DH & DS - know that in a real emergency the staff are trained to bring the child where the wristband tells them to - not where the child 'thinks' she went on boarding day.

My advice:

Ask your Stateroom Attendant for an extra childs size lifejacket upon boarding. When meeting the YEP staff, request the same wristband for your station & explain that both kids will be staying in the same stateroom with you. All 4 of you go to your station, your sister goes to hers.

In case of a real emergency, i really doubt you'd want your family to be split into 2 seperate lifeboats - hope this helps!

Hi there,

There is actually a bit more to it because both your children fall into the "YEP" program. All kids between 3-11 years need their emergency wristband which will be given to them upon boarding (or during the drill). Since you have your 2 children split into 2 different staterooms, there is a chance they will be located at different muster stations with different coloured wristbands. So even if for the drill - you just bring her along to your station with your DH & DS - know that in a real emergency the staff are trained to bring the child where the wristband tells them to - not where the child 'thinks' she went on boarding day.

My advice:

Ask your Stateroom Attendant for an extra childs size lifejacket upon boarding. When meeting the YEP staff, request the same wristband for your station & explain that both kids will be staying in the same stateroom with you. All 4 of you go to your station, your sister goes to hers.

In case of a real emergency, i really doubt you'd want your family to be split into 2 seperate lifeboats - hope this helps!

Thanks for this. We have 2 staterooms JS and Interior 9298 and 9291 so I would hope they are at the same station and hopefully fix all the issues. But will definitely bring it up at YEP.

Archived