Diamond Princess Room Service

jeanaa

Hi All,

I read on one of the boards that it may be possible to order from the Dinner Menu during dinner hours and have the meal delivered to your cabin. I had always thought the (limited) Princess room service menu was the only option. Has anyone ever done this?

Thanks. Jeana

Hi Jeanaa,

Yep. Room service is one of my favorite things.

You can order dinner during International dining room hours. We did this on the last night of our recent cruise. Our four course turkey dinner arrived in 20 minutes.

It's fabulous. We did NOT have to coax anyone to do this, nor did we meet any resistance. I have heard that ordering breakfast is not as easy.

Happy eating!!

Hi All,

I read on one of the boards that it may be possible to order from the Dinner Menu during dinner hours and have the meal delivered to your cabin. I had always thought the (limited) Princess room service menu was the only option. Has anyone ever done this?

Thanks. Jeana

While on the Star I ordered dinner off the menu to be sent to my cabin. The order-taker said that they were discontinuing that policy effective that cruise but he would let me that one time. Ohers I knew were ordering dinner to their cabins with no questions or comments so I'm not sure if the policy is changed or if I just got a non-informed order person.

When we were on the Grand we ordered the crab dinner from room service. We had a wonderful dinner on our balcony. Just visit the dining room earlier in the day, make note of what you want, including appetizers, salad, main course, dessert and then call room service. They even delivered the melted butter to dip our crab legs in. It was wonderful. Also - can order more than one per person (ordered two dinners for husband so we'd have more crab!).

Breakfast menu can be ordered also - we had bagels/cream cheese/ lox, scrambled eggs and bacon, etc. for breakfast on at sea days. Just write it on the back of the order form they give you to hang on your door.

Dear Sheebah, Solo Cruiser, and momthecruisedirector,

Thanks so much for your information! Just got to thinking (cause now I'm getting excited about this option!) - can I order room service from the menus of the alternative restaurants (provided there is no surcharge at those restaurants), or just the main dining rooms? Thanks again for your help.

Jeana

Dear Sheebah, Solo Cruiser, and momthecruisedirector,

Thanks so much for your information! Just got to thinking (cause now I'm getting excited about this option!) - can I order room service from the menus of the alternative restaurants (provided there is no surcharge at those restaurants), or just the main dining rooms? Thanks again for your help.

Jeana

Hey, kiddo.... I'm a "dummy" who hasn't cruised on this line before, BUT....

From what I understand, the dining rooms (traditional or personal choice) have the same menus. It's just when you get into the alternative $$$$ places, you'll find different menus. (Steaks or Italian on the Grand) :)

Somebody might make a "liar" out of me, but that's my understanding.

Hey, kiddo.... I'm a "dummy" who hasn't cruised on this line before, BUT....

From what I understand, the dining rooms (traditional or personal choice) have the same menus. It's just when you get into the alternative $$$$ places, you'll find different menus. (Steaks or Italian on the Grand) :)

Somebody might make a "liar" out of me, but that's my understanding.

The Diamond is a little different...although you can order off of the traditioanl menu in the personal choice diining rooms (Vivaldi, Sterling, Pacific Moon, and Santa Fe) they each have their own unique menu as well. The only restaurant that charges on the Diamond is Sabatini's.

I don't know the answer to the room service question though. Maybe I'll give it a try next week and see what happens.

Each ship has its own policy for room service options. We were told this by the assistant for food service on the Diamond. I can't comment on lunch or dinner, but breakfast is limited. You can order what is listed on the door tag and maybe a toasted bagel, but not eggs, etc. They decided because of the size of the ship, they could not serve all the people that would request hot meals.

Archived