Transportation from WDW Orlando to Ft. Lauderdale???

fisherhum

Hi, I thought I would post on this board as I haven't had much luck on the disney boards... We are vacationing at WDW and then heading to Ft. Lauderdale on a HAL cruise. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations on getting there.

We are debating either renting a car or possibly taking Amtrak. There will be 4 adults and 2 kids.

If anyone had taken the train, do you remember how far away the Amtrak stations were from WDW and the Cruise port (we are staying in a hotel near the cruise port).

Thanks. If anyone has any other suggestions on getting there, let me know.

Thanks

I can help you on the WDW end. Kissimmee would be your best spot to board the train if you are staying at disney. No need to go to Orlando and fight the traffic. At most a 20 min taxi to downtown Kissimmee, nice little town. I can give more information on Kissimmee if you need it.

Thanks. I have never been to Florida so it's really hard to figure out how far away everything is. We are staying at WDW so that's great that it's only 20 minutes away. I thought the kids would like taking the train for a change and then none of us need to stress over driving. Do you know if you can check bags at the Kissimmee station?

It's quite a distance from Orlando to Ft. Laud! I would think a rental car would be cheaper than a train.

Surprisingly, it is only $159 for all 6 of us to get from Kissimmee to Ft. Lauderdale on the train. When we checked into rental cars (that seat 6 plus all our bags) it was way more. Plus this way we don't have to stress over driving in a city we don't know. I don't live in a big city so the thought of driving in Orlando or around Ft. Lauderdale kinda stresses me out.

Archived