Water and Laptop?

phantomII

We are going on the NCL Spirit from N.O. in March. This is our first cruise and we are wondering should we bring our own bottled water? I have seen some posts where people bring a whole case of water with them.

Is it worth the risk or hassle to bring a laptop?

we take a few bottles of water...mostly to take off the ship on our excursions. the ship's water is great, plenty of places to get water...self-serve areas at the buffet or at the blue lagoon (23 hour diner).

we refill our water bottles there, using a glass to pour the water into our bottles. (they have signs asking to do this).

i do take my laptop...i use it for photo storage. took over 800 photos on the spirit, last cruise. internet use is, on the ship, expensive and slow.

We are going on the NCL Spirit from N.O. in March. This is our first cruise and we are wondering should we bring our own bottled water? I have seen some posts where people bring a whole case of water with them.

Is it worth the risk or hassle to bring a laptop?

Good questions....unfortunately, the answers can be quite subjective.

As for water...while official policy forbids you from bringing it. NCL has long allowed a passenger to bring a reasonable amount of bottled water/soda with them. There are many who will tell you that the water on board is VERY good...making bottled water unnecessary. Many suggest just bringing a refillable container to take water with you on shore excursions.

As for the laptop...that depends on how much you need to have your computer while on vacation. Some people have extreme difficulty is separating themselves from their electronic devices. Only you know the degree of your dependence on your electronics. Just so you know...Internet service on the ship is both slow and expensive. The cost to you will be the same whether you use a computer in the Internet cafe or use your own.

Hopefully, that helps you answer your questions. Me...I don't take water, but I do take sodas. I also take my laptop..but not for Internet usage, I use it for other things.

NCL's Internet service (this was on the Jade) is a real insult. Slow, outrageously priced and there are some other problems.

I brought my own ethernet cable for my laptop and found that my AF mini suite was "not connected". I asked the Internet manager the reason and he kind of shrugged and said, well we cant connect every cabin. Huh? Why not? Anyway, I was forced to use their wireless network in the public rooms and for some reason I could receive mail, but not send. This was through the Google mail system, so, it should have worked. I kept getting messages about a virus (Brontok X) and sure enough my computer became infected (thanks NCL).

I would suggest using Internet cafés in the ports you visit if you really need to check e-mail.

Have fun

Al

Archived