RCCL 4 & 6 together?

sunnysavannah

My 4 year old and 6 year old really love each other! I'm a tad bit worried that DS4 will refuse to go to kids club without his big sis! Do they blur the lines any? I'm sure that DS4 would NOT be allowed to go with the older kids, but could DD6 go with the younger? BTW, she's in Kindergarten and is a bit small for her age. She's not rough and is a bit of a mother hen to her brother.

HAHAHAHAHA I just posted the answer to this on your other thread. We must be on the same wave length. :D

While they do not like to mix the ages. They are more likely to move the 6 year old down. BUT, they don't have to. They can and have said NO. So just prepare the kids for it in advance.

My kids are 4 and 8...they've never been in the same group. And they are VERY happy about that too...lol. ;) I think they enjoy the break from each other. :p

To increase your odds...just ask the AO counselor who registers you if you can move the 6 year old back. Ask nicely. :D (yes I have seen people demand it and they didn't get too far...lol)

But show each child in advance what activities they will be going to on their own. And the kids can see each other in that age group. Usually the rooms are divided (for those ages) by something like a netting. If the older ships are the same way, then if the 4 year old get really upset then he can just walk to the net and yell for his sister...lol.

When my two were 4 and 6 they were in different groups and both had a blast, however for much of the time they were in the same AO area. While they were doing different activities I know that they saw and talked to each other. Especially in the evening session my DS (who was 6) told me he went over to talk to my DD when she was getting tired and wanted to just watch a movie. The counselors were really good about letting them see each other when they wanted. We travelled at the end of Jan/beg of Feb and there were very few kids on the ship. This may have made a difference.

Archived