Mongolian Grill-Which Ships?

cruisebie

Hmmm...I was on the Freedom and I dont think they did. Vegas Man seems to be describing the Asian place across from the deli which is on all Conquest class ships. On the other hand, the Mongolian grill is only on certain ships...and instead of that, on the Freedom there was the Tandoori grill, which in my opinion was wonderful!

There was the Mongolian grill on the Freedom. You pick your veggies and meat and they stir fry it for you with your choice of 3 different sauces. Very good but the line is always long. They have 2 cooks with 3 woks each going but they certainly could use twice that to make the lines shorter!:)

i was looking at a fact sheet on a different site.

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/feature/OnboardCarnivalFree-112607.cfm

There is even a picture of it.

Thanks for the link, maxamus! I didn't even think of looking there!

So it looks like we have confirmed:

Valor

Liberty

Freedom

Imagination

Paradise

The "smaller" ships listed have recently been through a drydock. Are they maybe adding the Mongolian Grill to the ships getting the Evolutions of Fun upgrades?

Oops, just answered my own question by looking on the website Maxamus posted. It appears they are adding these with the Evolutions of Fun upgrades to the Fantasy class ships.

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/feature/Carnival-Evolutions-021808.cfm

Can anyone confirm them on the Fantasy class ships not already listed that have undergone the upgrade? I think that would be the Fantasy & Inspiration since we have already heard the grill is on the Imagination & Paradise.

Legend?

The Legend doesn't have it, but does have the Asian station. My DD said it was very good!:)

I see that I missed a post earlier, so the revised list is (so far)

Valor

Liberty

Freedom

Conquest (post drydock)

Imagination

Paradise

On the Fantasy they had it BUT they need to add just some rice to put with it. That would make it even more awesome. It would soak up the juice. It was great. The line was so long. Wanted it the last day so I waited until 10 mins before closing and they closed it early. On boarding day I think I was in line over 30 mins... Everyone else was done eatting and I left the table first before I was back. They need to figure out a way to add more food to the Lido during the lunch rush on the Fantasy.

Anyone know about the Freedom? I read reviews that it was there and another that it wasn't but they didn't miss it?

Also, what about the smaller ships such as the Fantasy class? I noticed on the Lido deck plans for the Fantasy a small square that said Mongolian, but I've never heard anyone mention it in a review.

Thanks to all who have replied! Good info for the Liberty & Valor!:)

Just back from the Fantasy and they did have the Mongolian...yet as efficient as they tried it took 45 minutes of standing in line to get a bowl of stir fried veggies/meat de jour/noodles.:(

I had the Mongolian every day on my recent Paradise cruise...the smell outside is intoxicating.

I liked the Thai style sauce.

Yep the smell was intoxicating,,, you can almost smell it here in the pics this was on the Liberty:D

Lib2.jpg

Lib1.jpg

The Pride lists an "Asian Corner" on the Lido deck, next to "Taste Of The Nations". How is that compared to the Mongolian Grill?

I was going to ask the same question, because my DH loves Mongolian BBQ - however there are no restaurants in our area within a 75 mile radius. :(

the Destiny has the asian restaurant place, but it isn't a made to order stir fry.

The imagination has it, it on the right side of the buffet outside.

It was yummy.

The line was horrible though, it takes a while to cook it, and of course there is 1 person getting 3 or 4 each for the whole table!

I tried to get in line before it opened when I got it.

:D

• 1 year later...

Mongolian Wok

Lido Restaurant

Mongolian wok offering custom-made stir-fry with the guest's choice of meat and vegetables and finished with one of Carnival's signature sauces

IM FA PA VA LI FD SL DR EL EC FS CQ MC

I was surprised to see this thread pop up again after all this time. We loved the Mongolian Grill option on the Freedom last year. The wait in line is long, but we tried to get there when the station opened and that made it somewhat better. It's only open for a very limited time at lunch--maybe if they could find a way to keep it open longer, the lines wouldn't be so bad.

I'll be on the Dream in a month--can't wait for some more yummy Mongolian!

Archived