Currency

BbAaSsSs

My wife and I are going on an 8 Night cruise on IOS march 21st too San Juan Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, St. Maarten and Labadee Hati. My question is what should we take as far as money. Will our credit cards and debit cards work at every port? Should we bring cash?? Will we have to exchange our cash for the correct currency for each port? Any help with this situation would be much appreciated!!

Thanks,

BbAaSsSs

US dollars will work fine. I usually take cash and a credit card onshore. I have never encountered any problems using credit cards. You will want cash for taxis and smaller purchases as there will be some places that only accept cash.

I would check with your bank to see whether your debit card will work.

Credit cards will work at all "real stores". Cash only for street vendors and the like. They are happy to take US $$ everywhere in the Caribbean. Keep in mind that if you give them $20 for a $4 purchase, you may get local currency back for change. Get a lot of $1 and $5's. Don't know how well debit cards work in the Caribbean.

Archived