20 month old on Carnival Imagination: activities questions

jgs2003

Hi,

We just booked the 4 day Western Caribbean cruise on Carnival Imagination for mid-March. We'll have our 20 month old son with us. I already know that he won't be allowed in the pools in his swimmy diaper, but will he be allowed to play in the Waterworks splash area? My other question is, although he's too young for Camp Carnival, can we take him in to play with the toys there?

Thanks!

yes, he can go in the splash area in a swim diaper. Camp carnival has "under 2" time from 12-2 on sea days where you can go in with them and play with all the toys or leave them for babysitting for $6/hr. You can also take him to all the family activities such as the welcome aboard kids dance party, ice cream socials etc. There will be an orientation the first day and they will give you a schedule for the week. Your son might even enjoy the shows at night. My DD was mezmerized by the costumes and singing and dancing at that age.

I have travelled many times on various cruise lines and whats really hard for a child that is not potty trained is to stay out of the pool... I am going to bring my 19 month old on a cruise this winter and am bringing a small inflatable pool. I will fill it up with water from the pool and will drain it in one of the many drains in the area. I have seen this done before but never really thought about doing that until I was reminded about it this year.

I will be on RCCL - AOS and hope that all will be ok.

yes, he can go in the splash area in a swim diaper.

Not necessarily. ;) According to the Carnival web site and the Carnival board, officially, no children in swim diapers at the splash area.

jgs2003 - just wanted to warn you. Until someone comes back with proof (a picture of a sign or a note in the Caper) then I would say to bring an inflatable. Just because people have put their babies in the splash area doesn't mean it's allowed, if you know what I mean. ;)

They have a sign on the Inspiration splash area that swim diapers are allowed. I dont have a picture of it but I wish I did. here is no standing water just sprinklers that immediately drain. Also if you call Carnival they will tell you they are allowed there although you know how calling goes, you get a different answer everytime. I imagine the other ships splash areas (like the conquest) are the same but I may be wrong. I agree bring a blow up pool just in case.

They have a sign on the Inspiration splash area that swim diapers are allowed. I dont have a picture of it but I wish I did. here is no standing water just sprinklers that immediately drain. Also if you call Carnival they will tell you they are allowed there although you know how calling goes, you get a different answer everytime. I imagine the other ships splash areas (like the conquest) are the same but I may be wrong. I agree bring a blow up pool just in case.

Very interesting as we just got off that ship and I purposely looked around for a sign as well as asked several staff and NO SIGN and NO staff member said we could use swim diapers in the splash area. With that said, there were several diapered kids in the water! There is standing water around the slides. It drains, just not very fast and that is exactly where the little ones like to play.

Archived