Autoprogresso???

texascop2

I heard some good things about "AutoProgresso". They run tour busses that go to the pyramids and ruins, leaving right from the pier where you get off the boat. Anyone know how to make contact with them or have any experience with them?:confused:

AutoProgreso has buses waiting for you at the site where your shuttle drops you off in Progreso. You sign up right there and the buses leave shortly thereafter. Different options include the Dzibilchaltun Mayan ruins (don't forget a swimsuit on a warm day) which has an excellent air-conditioned museum.

I used Autoprogreso to go to the ruins at Dzibilchaltun. I believe the cost was around $30 and it was a great trip! My signature has a link to a whole bunch of my picture albums - it's the Carnival Ecstasy in September 08.

Great pics and great info guys! Thanks alot, looks like I want to see that temple for sure....

5 more days and I am on my way!!!

BTW I was on the Ecstasy cruise the week before yours!!! Small world, huh?

Leaving in two weeks. I have been talking to a gentleman from Autoprogreso and he has been very helpful answering my questions.

I forgot to ask him, he said his office is on the cruise pier. Where is the exact location of his office?

Autop has an office on the cruise pier and in the city.

On the pier it is on your left as you walk to the shuttles to the city.

Remember Progresso has a very long pier. The ship docks and you walk to a shopping area that is on the pier. Then you get on a shuttle to the mainland/city.

Most Autop tours start around 10 and you dock earlier then shuttle into the city where you catch the tour bus. You do save a bit of money but the cruise tours leave from the pier not the city.

They all seem to be very good tours.

AutoProgreso has buses waiting for you at the site where your shuttle drops you off in Progreso. You sign up right there and the buses leave shortly thereafter. Different options include the Dzibilchaltun Mayan ruins (don't forget a swimsuit on a warm day) which has an excellent air-conditioned museum.

Does Autoprogresso's Dz Ruin tour include a guide and the entry fee in their cost for the tour?

Go Cats

Credit card companies also ad a charge for foreign charges.

One of the few good things about Capital One is that they eat the foreign exchange charges. Its the only reason I have that card because of the foreign traveling I do.

Does Autoprogresso's Dz Ruin tour include a guide and the entry fee in their cost for the tour?

Go Cats

YES and Yes. We paid about $42 each for the DZ tour and the Merida City tour combo. Tour guide was great, all costs were included, busses were new and very clean. All in all a very professional company.

Progresso and Merida were both great and I would go there again in a heartbeat.

Has anyone used Autoprogresso for the Uxmal tour?? We are planning on using them for our family of four in a couple of weeks- already made contact with them and have a 'reservation'. Just wanted any feedback from those that have done the Uxmal ruins tour. Trying not to get nervous about the time restraints.....

Thanks!!

You will enjoy Uxmal - it's a magical place, especially in the morning. It'll be 2 hours there and 2 hours back. If you leave at 8AM, that's a 10AM arrival, 2 or 3 hours at the ruins, getting back to the Progreso area 2 or 3 PM. I don't see a problem. You can always travel to Cozumel and get back on the ship there!! :D

Archived