Princess Customer Service - Name the correct answer!

can786

I had a question whether the Natural History tour that is included in my Alaskan cruisetour could be cancelled and whether I could get credit for it as I would rather do the Tundra Wilderness tour so I called 1-800-PRINCESS to ask. The first person I spoke to did not sound confident of her answer, so I tried two more times and of course got three different answers from three different CSRs! The answers I received:

1. Yes, but because I booked through a TA my TA would have to contact Princess (but the agent sounded very unsure of herself).

2. No, since it is part of the package it cannot be cancelled and credited. This agent didn't ask for my booking number or check the booking itself.

3. Yes, but I would not be able to do it until I check in at the Denali Princess lodge.

I personally prefer answer #1 and have sent an e-mail asking my TA to check on this, but all I can say is that you gotta love those Princess CSRs! The funny thing is that I actually spoke to a couple of intelligent and knowledgeable CSRs last month when I had other questions when booking the cruisetour. I was actually thinking that Princess had improved their CSRs, but now I know that was just a fluke!

I had a question whether the Natural History tour that is included in my Alaskan cruisetour could be cancelled and whether I could get credit for it as I would rather do the Tundra Wilderness tour so I called 1-800-PRINCESS to ask. The first person I spoke to did not sound confident of her answer, so I tried two more times and of course got three different answers from three different CSRs! The answers I received:

1. Yes, but because I booked through a TA my TA would have to contact Princess (but the agent sounded very unsure of herself).

2. No, since it is part of the package it cannot be cancelled and credited. This agent didn't ask for my booking number or check the booking itself.

3. Yes, but I would not be able to do it until I check in at the Denali Princess lodge.

I personally prefer answer #1 and have sent an e-mail asking my TA to check on this, but all I can say is that you gotta love those Princess CSRs! The funny thing is that I actually spoke to a couple of intelligent and knowledgeable CSRs last month when I had other questions when booking the cruisetour. I was actually thinking that Princess had improved their CSRs, but now I know that was just a fluke!

You must call them again, 3 answers is too little for this game. :D

Alaskan cruisetour could be cancelled and whether I could get credit for it

Maybe!!! :rolleyes:..;)..:D

Sorry I couldn't resist....:p

~~~~

Read this

http://www.princess.com/customer_care/faqs/shore_excursions/index.jsp

Not sure if this applies to you -

Can I cancel an excursion I’ve purchased?

Answer: Due to the nature of the packages involving hotel accommodations, flights and private vehicles, these excursions are not refundable after the closing date on the Tour Reservations Form, which is 30 days prior to sailing. Due to the limited capacity and high demand for helicopter flights, these excursions are not refundable unless cancelled by 12:00pm on the day after embarkation.

I had a vague answer from a CSR today, too. I called to see when the shore excursions would be posted for our April TA. The rep sounded like she was reading a script, "Tours are posted from 120-90 days before the cruise." I told her that I was calling because it's 80 days until our cruise, and I thought they should be posted by now. Then she said that they could be posted anywhere between 120-75 days before the cruise. I asked if she could check with someone for the information, and she said no. Funny, it was the first time I've called that I haven't been asked to take the survey!

We have a land tour in early June and I have done just what you are talking about. I did have to go through my TA to cancel the NHT, but I was given a refund for it, and then I made the booking for the TWT myself. I did this about a week and a half ago so unless policy has changed since then, you should be able to do it.

When you find a knowledgeable CSR, make a note of their name, then ask for them specifically when you call the next time. Will this work -- haven't a clue, but it's worth a try!

Someone once said that Princess recruited high schoolers for CSR positions. If true, no wonder we get such flaky answers!

Good luck!

The correct answer is "a", yes, you will have to go through your travel agent , BUT(partially correct)changing the land excursion will have to be done through tours in seattle as they are the only ones who have the authority to modify the itinerary within the excursion......so the proper order would be to call your travel agent, ask to change the land excursion to the tundra wilderness tour. The travel agent, if connected with CA will have to hold while CA callsSEA, to see if availability still exists and SEA can change it for you. You got a partially correct answer with "a". Additional cost will be assesed and quoted by tours to ta. If you just want to cancell it period,and add no alternate, no problem but the same sequence of events will occur, basially. Best I can do, guys......if anyone has an answer that contradicts this, please let me know. Flaming allowed.

When you find a knowledgeable CSR, make a note of their name, then ask for them specifically when you call the next time. Will this work -- haven't a clue, but it's worth a try!

Someone once said that Princess recruited high schoolers for CSR positions. If true, no wonder we get such flaky answers!

Good luck!

They are the ones who don't want to work at Magic Mountain (which is also in that area).

I had a vague answer from a CSR today, too. I called to see when the shore excursions would be posted for our April TA. The rep sounded like she was reading a script, "Tours are posted from 120-90 days before the cruise." I told her that I was calling because it's 80 days until our cruise, and I thought they should be posted by now. Then she said that they could be posted anywhere between 120-75 days before the cruise. I asked if she could check with someone for the information, and she said no. Funny, it was the first time I've called that I haven't been asked to take the survey!

A few years ago, we received the email from Princess saying we can book our shore excursions. When I and my fellow roll callers went online, we got the message that they were available yet. I called the 800 number and the CSR suggested to just try checking the website every week.

I'm guessing many other passengers called that day as soon we were able to access the booking part of the site.

Around that time, I called again asking about an offer listed in the Captain's Circle Quarterly. The CSR didn't know about it, even after I told her which issue (the current one) and what pages (it was in two different places). She put me on hold and then came back and she said she asked the promo department, who she said didn't know about it either.

To be honest, being form colorado, if you want neither land ex, i can totally understand, i would rather hike that spend either 5 or 8 hours on a bus ....just do the procedure and you can enjoy a day doing what you wish. Cancell the entire landex no problem.

Today I called about the shore excursions on the April TA since they are still not on the website. This time I got a great CSR who actually checked with someone, and I got my answer. Of course, she asked me to take the survey which I gladly did. To be fair, I have talked to more knowledgeable and friendly CSR's than bad ones over the last 3 years.

Archived