Disembarkment-Summit 4/4/09

Mplsluv2travel

We have just learned that our airline has changed departure time from 1:40 p.m. to 11:40 a.m. :mad: There have been comments on the "Board" about how efficient Celebrity is at Disembarkment.

If we are to be in port by 7:00 a.m. what is your best guess as to the time everyone will be off the ship?

Our travel agent did contact Celebrity Customer Service & they indicated that we should keep our bags in the room the night before disembarkment & then in the morning we can leave the ship at anytime & go through customs on our own. Has anyone ever gone through this process before? Any suggestions? I really do not want to miss our flight. We are using a taxi to get to the airport so we are not depending on cruise transfers.

Thank you for your assistance. I am stressed out just thinking about it!

We have just learned that our airline has changed departure time from 1:40 p.m. to 11:40 a.m. :mad:. I am stressed out just thinking about it!

Don't be stressed. You should have no trouble catching your flight if you take your bags off with you.

Don't be stressed. You should have no trouble catching your flight if you take your bags off with you.

(Sorry to change the subject)

Texed,

Did u mean keep the bags in your room and don't put them outside the door the night before?

I been worry about my cases since yesterday when I read a review which stated that a suitcase with all kinds of gift was stolen from PR since there is no security at desembark.

Can u keep ur cases and just roll them out in the morning?

Thanks

AJ

You can do that, but you have to carry everything yourself with absolutely no help. And, one should never put anything of value in luggage, and you can most definitely lock your bags when you put them outside your cabin the night before.

Thank you,,,,,,the guy said his suitcase was gone by the time his family came down:mad::eek:...he filed a claim with Celebrity,,,,but I dont think money can replace what he lost.

I am keeping our cases....we only have 3 pcs. we definetaly can manage!!!;)

Thanks again

AJ

We have done that before for a 10:55am flight!!! We kept our bags in the room and requested to disembark first and carry-off our bags. There was no problem from Celebrity; the only hassle was having to lug the bags around while everyone else is congregating - bag-free - in all the hallways and common areas. Also, remember they close off most of the elevators and the few that work are ALWAYS full, so it's easier to go down the stairs, if possible. Otherwise, no problem, we grabbed a cab and made it to the airport in plenty of time... Ironically, the flight ended up being delayed!

Thank you everyone for your feedback. I never knew it was an option to carry ones bags off. This will be our third cruise. I learn something each time I am planning or taking a cruise.

I was skeptical when our TA told me we could do this; that is why I posted. I feel much better knowing before I get on the ship.

Archived