Belize- River/zoo tour with 20 month old

k8lin_VA

We're booked on RCCL IOS, March 1. We have a daughter who will be almost 21 months old for the cruise, and I am pregnant with our second. We went ahead and booked the Wildlife Adventure Tour - BE61, which is the river boat ride and the zoo excursion through the ship.

Does anyone know if they allow strollers on this excursion? Also, does anyone know what the lunch is like and if a toddler and a pregnant mom would do well with the lunch they provide?

Has anyone done this tour with small children?

Thanks!!!

We went to the Belize Zoo about 3 years ago making my oldest then about 5 years old.

She had a wonderful time there and I remember others bringing stroller. I do not recall a lunch or the river part but I believe that we were tendered to land. It was about a 20 min ride to the zoo as well if memory serves me right.

• 3 weeks later...

I did that excursion back in 2003. The zoo was ok, but the animals weren't kept in great conditions in my opinion - it's nothing like the zoos here... I grew up in Newport News, VA and they had a wilderness park, and that's what it reminded me of... the 'paths' were more like hiking trails, but they were really smooth. I have lots of pictures I can upload if you'd like to see them - email at nochecaliente80 at gmail and I can get them to you.

As for the lunch, it was not something I would eat aside from the rice - my memory was that there was a LOT of rice and some "Iguana! Tastes like chicken!" I can't tell you what it was really, but I wasn't going to eat it! They were insisiting that it was actually iguana - granted I tend to be kind of gullible, but my husband thtought they were serious too. He said it tasted ok - kinda like chicken - but he wasn't entirely sure either.

If you have other questions, let me know.

Archived