Combo Tour: Zip LIne & White Water?

amy2313

We will be in Costa Rica (Limon) for the first time in May on the Carnival Freedom and we can't decide between white water rafting (which most of our group of 10 could be involved in) or the zip lining (which I've always wanted to do).

Does anyone know if there is a tour company that has a combo tour where it would be possible to combine both of these tours in the day that we are there?

Thanks.

We have one scheduled with Oscar Brown in March.

EXCELLENT - does he have a website that I could look into?? How did you hear about him? Please let me know how it goes after your cruise. Have a great time!!

We contacted Oscar along with a couple other Tour Guides that people had recommended (Danilo, OkeyDoke Tours, JJ Tours). We heard back from each of them and while 3 said the combo tour of White Water Rafting and the Zip lining was doable in the time we are in LImon (10:00am - 6:00pm) Danilo Hall explained that it was not. This worries me that if we were to go with one of the tour guides (possibly Oscar) that said they could swing it that there just is not enough time. While I really want to do both, I definitely do not want to miss the ship.

Can anyone advise further??? Danilo is saying it takes 1 hour AND 45 minutes just to drive to the river - if thats so I dont see how it would be possible to do both with 4 hours driving time involved.

Arf2005 - I dont mean to worry anyone but timing, but I thought this was important to share.

We contacted Oscar along with a couple other Tour Guides that people had recommended (Danilo, OkeyDoke Tours, JJ Tours). We heard back from each of them and while 3 said the combo tour of White Water Rafting and the Zip lining was doable in the time we are in LImon (10:00am - 6:00pm) Danilo Hall explained that it was not. This worries me that if we were to go with one of the tour guides (possibly Oscar) that said they could swing it that there just is not enough time. While I really want to do both, I definitely do not want to miss the ship.

Can anyone advise further??? Danilo is saying it takes 1 hour AND 45 minutes just to drive to the river - if thats so I dont see how it would be possible to do both with 4 hours driving time involved.

Arf2005 - I dont mean to worry anyone but timing, but I thought this was important to share.

I have questioned the Oscar Brown group as well since this is also a concern of mine. I will follow up with them using the times you've listed and see what they say.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

bump... any updates here??? I really want to do both and don't want to have to pick between the two. We went ziplining/cavetubbing 2 years ago witn Marjor Tom in Belize so if I had to choose then we would go with the rafting. But it's vacation and why can't we just do both!

My daughter and I did the White Water rafting back in 2003. To this day, it is still up there in my top 3 excursions. We were on the Carnival Spirit 8 day Exotic and booked the excursion through the ship. I don't often book through the ships, but since there was a bit of a drive involved, I thought it best. We ended up getting back late. And there she was, waiting for the last people (us) to arrive.

Archived