Back from La Romana - beach day!!

bp traveler

We went to Bayahibe beach for the day here and had a great time!

We grabbed a van for $50 RT for 5 people and you pay on the return.

They drop you off at the beach near a few shops I think hopping that you will buy something, but they were all big huge paintings, I can barely carry my lugggage off the ship let alone a painting!

So don't skip this stop the beach was beautiful and was filled with a lot of Europeans the day we were there.

We heard that a few people went into town and they were disappointed - pays to do your research!!

Thanks for the info on Bayahibe beach.

How long did it take you to get to the beach from the cruise port? Did they have public washrooms and showers? Would this be a good beach for snorkeling?

So many questions since we will be in La Romana in a few weeks and this info would be really helpful.

Thanks again.

It probably took about a half hour to get to the beach, it wasn't that far and we could see the ship the whole time, but the road wans't very direct!

We didn't snorkel so I can't tell you how that was, but it was very clear.

There were restrooms in a restuarant right by and you can use them. Did not see showers, but I did not look either.

Have fun I am glad we went and the people were very nice.

• 3 weeks later...

LA Romana is a sweet little town...go to the supermarket and buy PURE VANILLA and Santo Domingo coffee beans to bring home as gifts and you can buy 151 proof rum there.. We bring back 20 pounds of coffee beans to give as gifts and we freeze the bags.. The pure vanilla is used by chefs back in the US...excellent quality.. and if your into cigars.. what can I tell you.. the cigars in the D.R. rival any you can buy in Cuba. The supermarket does take credit cards and is as big and clean as ours in the US.. If y our lucky on the way down the hill you might right into a flea market where they sell MLB hats that are made in the D.R.

• 2 weeks later...

Parrot Mom: we will be docking in Samana...is the grocery store your talking about, (where you can get vanilla and coffee), located in that town? How far of a walk from where the ships tenders bring you in? thanks...

Parrot Mom: we will be docking in Samana...is the grocery store your talking about, (where you can get vanilla and coffee), located in that town? How far of a walk from where the ships tenders bring you in? thanks...

Seriously, don't know anything about Samana, but La Romana is where the big supermarket is. What you can do.. is if there are men in green when you get off the ship.. ask if there is a big supermarket in Samana.. I know there is one up the hill from the park near the church in La Romana... and yes, the 151 proof rum and pure vanilla and coffee beans. Wish I wee going back now..

Seriously, don't know anything about Samana, but La Romana is where the big supermarket is. What you can do.. is if there are men in green when you get off the ship.. ask if there is a big supermarket in Samana.. I know there is one up the hill from the park near the church in La Romana... and yes, the 151 proof rum and pure vanilla and coffee beans. Wish I wee going back now..

I have to ask did you bring that back on an airplane?

How much did you have to pay for them?

thanks

I have to ask did you bring that back on an airplane?

How much did you have to pay for them?

thanks

Well,...well, we go charter to La Romana and on the way back they have never weighted my luggage and the coffee beans are always in a separate suitcase.lol.. The liquor is no problem we always bring back one bottle.. and last trip we discovered at the La Romana airport an incredible Irish Liquer called Sheridans...and we take that on board with us..Yes, the coffee beans.lol..20 pounds..we usually have an extra bag with us. but you can spread it among your luggage.. BTW the beans freeze well..lol

Archived