Tour confusion in Athens

Probably not. Try to compare the email addresses.

We had the same problem in Rome. RomeLimo, LimoinRome, LimoRome, RomeCab, RomeShuttle, ShuttleinRome, etc.

Maybe someone that has actually planned a trip with a cab will come on and help you out. We shared a cab with another couple, but she did all the planning, so I can't even tell you the name of the company. I know the driver's name was Nikos, but not the cab company name.

We are looking for a private tour driver for 8 people in Athens. The companies have VERY similiar names - some good reviews some bad.

Is Athens-taxi and Greektaxi, and Greecetaxi all the same?

Any suggestions for a reliable company?

NO, likely not by accident companies will select similar names when one establishes a good reputation.

I can tell you we used greektaxi who's owner is Paul. We were very happy with his outfit even though we didn't get him, but his younger associate Dimitri. He has several emails address but communicated with him at admin@***** If you select Paul book him as soon as you can.

Good luck with your planning.

thanks - hopefully more will respond. DId you just do Athens? Cape Sounion looks interesting.

For our group of 15 it was the first time in Greece and Athens so we went with Dimitr's suggestion for an all Athens day.

They picked us up at 7am sharp, we went first to the Acropolis and got there early enough we were inline for about 15-20' waiting for tickets. It was well worth it as temperatures rose quickly all thru the morning. We picked up a licensed tour guide for 100 euros ( well worth it ). We pretty much finished our touring by 10-10:30am and boy we were glad to be out of there as the mass of tourists had arrived by then. We then visited Temple of Zesus followed by the Olympic Stadium, then the Archeological Museum. Then it was lunch and a couple hours to explore Plaka, stop by the Parliament for the changing of the guard then back to the ship.

Very enjoyable, busy full day worth every euro. If I every get back I would likely take up Paul again for other sights. I might consider DIY but its really hot and I can't imagine enjoying hoofing around during the summer.

I found the business card for our driver. You can contact him at taxiservicenikos@yahoo.com. He spoke excellent English, and the 8 hour tour of Athens was 55 EUR pp. The place he took us for lunch was about 7 EUR pp. We had beef & chicken gyros, lamb shish-ka-bob with fries, with white & red wine, then fried cheese for dessert at a small family owned place that the locals go to.

We emailed him the things we wanted to be sure to see, and he made sure we saw them all.

Have a great trip whichever driver you hire.

We also had a wonderful tour for 9 with Paul from Athens Taxi. He has spent 25 years living in the US and so his English is great, he is a non smoker , very reliable and flexible with plans. This is his website-

http://www.athenstaxi.org/

Can you tell me what their pricing is like? We are looking for a tour for two people.

Thank you.

I just received an email for Paul (Athens Taxi) and the cost is 250euros for a private 9 hour tour. There are three of us, but he said that his Mercedes seats 4 passengers plus the driver comfortably. Entrance fees are not included, but I have estimated them to be a total of 12 euros per person (my son is 15, so he doesn't have to pay entrance fees). The price also does not include lunch and a licensed tour guide (which he can get you if you want, but I am not sure what the additional cost is, or you can hire a guide at the Acropolis for 90-100euros. The tour seems to cover everything, and certainly covers more than the Celebrity excursions that I have looked at.

Happy planning!!!

Archived