Early final deposit date?

gkeep

I just booked a cruise with company on Tuesday. It was a good price, and I think I was a little too cruise happy, and am now wondering if I have a dishonest company I am working with. I booked with RCI's mariner of the seas for Nov. 15th, 2009. On my invoice it shows that final payment is due August 7th! This is approx 100 days from sailing. When I questioned the agent by email he said it was because we booked so early. On RCI's website is says final payment is due 70 days before sailing. So I assume this it the agent's doing to have final payment early. I assume they would do this to limit my chance of cancelling or getting price adjustments. Or is this legitimate?

Am I right? Does anyone have experience with this? I have taken 5 cruises before, and never had such an early final payment, but I don't think I have booked so early.

They also lied about their cancellation fee - I was told specifically that is was $75 to cancel. My invoice which I got two days later says that it is $75 per cabin, so actually $150.

TIA!

I am a TA and I only request final payment from my clients 48 hours before the true final payment date. This is only if they are paying by cash or check. I can call their credit card in the same day with no difficulty and no additional cost to me. I also do not charge any fee's in addition to the commission earned from the cruise line. My cancellation fees are the same fees that the cruise line mandates. I trust that I will built lifelong clients from offering great customer service.

My upcoming cruise leaves April 24th and our final is due Jan 31st.

We actually already paid final a month ago. But just thought I would let you know your case is not unusual. Also when we paid final payment I received an almost immediate receipt showing the $ went to RCCL and in checking my CC I saw it went to RCCL. Actually the deposit was handled like this as well.

Not unusual. My TA collected a month before RCCL deadline and actually moved my payment date UP by a few days to collect before they closed for the holidays (that part ticked me off). They also have a $75 per cabin fee which is not unusual for a TA. Just stay on top of your res. and call when you see a price drop .. they aren't going to watch as closely as you can. Have a great cruise!

We booked our March AOS cruise through a TA website; and our B2B AOS-January 2010 cruises- directly through RCCL.

When I noticed that the TA's final payment date was earlier than RCCL's, I checked with my RCCL CVP. He advised that the TA can set what final payment date, they desire. Obviously, it is earlier, to insure that it gets processed through RCCL, in a timely manner. It was a difference of only about a week, so no big deal, IMO.

Archived