Thank you gift for travel agent

wannuhcruise

Do anyone have any good ideas for a gift to give our travel agent? She's done so much for us and now her commission has gone down since the price of our cruise went down and we got a refund even after upgrading to a suite.

Cruise pictures and a nice email would cover it.

Bring her more customers is another - giving out her card on the cruise.

My way of doing it.

Do anyone have any good ideas for a gift to give our travel agent? She's done so much for us and now her commission has gone down since the price of our cruise went down and we got a refund even after upgrading to a suite.

Mine is also great. Gave her gift certificate for a mni-pedi @ a local spa.

Carole

Best present a TA gets is when their client books another cruise right away- in a higher cat- suite, penthouse etc and gets friends to book also through their agent :D

Very important to just say thanks, a good ta works their butt off for their clients, some actually loose money on commission just for good will ( bon voyage gifts etc)

I was a travel agent for 20 years and receiving flowers or restaurant certificate is so great. We are working hard, don't count hours, love to pleased my clients, so if I received a gift (as appreciation for something special I did) is so great even just a little rose with a thank you card or a postcard from where you are. I kept all my thank you notes and letter and one day it helps me to get a better job in another travel agency as I brought some to the interview so they knew I was going to give excellent customers services.

I am a loan officer for a mortgage company, and we work on commission just like travel agents do. I sometimes get gifts from clients, all of which are appreciated. Sometimes the ones who can afford it the least do the most, so I am embarrased by that. No matter what you give, even if it is just a sweet note, I am sure will be very appreciated. And the greatest gift is referrals, more commissions to make. I say that it is like the old Clairol commercial, they tell 2 friends, and they tell 2 friends.

We refer EVERYONE to our TA - she's so great, I tell people I'm certain she changes clothes in a phone booth, so...

I find 'superhero' themed trinkets to go along with whatever else we give her. Number one thank you gift is a thank-you note that includes cash equal to whatever commission she got deducted for getting all our price drops, if any.

Number two is always a gift basket with food and wine that she can share (or not!) with her employees (she owns her agency, and it's not part of a chain).

Two years ago I was able to find some travel-themed items (mug, small folding umbrella, cosmetic bag) printed with a woman traveler and those charming London red phone booths. She loved it!! :D

(I used to sell travel many years ago and the really good agents work very, very hard to please their clients!!!!!)

Dawn

I wish all clients were like you!

As a TA, the best I could ask for is that you refer others to us and continue booking through us - that lets us know you like the job we have done. I don't need anything other than knowing you appreciate what we have done for you.

I have clients that know I collect Christmas Tree ornaments from wherever I travel to and bring me back one whenever they travel, so that might be another option.

Thanks for all of the ideas! I will definitely pass along my TA's information to as many people as I can, but that doesn't necessarily guarantee they'll use her. I'd absolutely book again through her if I could, but given the fact I haven't even been on a vacation for 3+ years, I'm not likely to be doing this again anytime soon (kid/family expenses come first, so this trip is a big deal for me right now). At least by getting her something, I know it's the one way I can thank her right away.

We have used the same TA from the AAA for the last 5 Cruses and she has a colection of key chains on a bulintan board in her office

We have brought her back a key chain from every port She has created a sepreat section just for us

STUR DAYTON,OHIO

our TA is a gem and a half, has become more like a family friend than just someone we do business with, anyhow I know she is going on a cruise in March and I am going to surprise HER with a spa credit.

She has given them to us so many times along with other things but most of all great service, I know she is dying for a massage so I am sending her a $25.00 credit to help pay for it. My hubby actually came up with it on our last trip saying he wondered how much it must cost her to do for everyone. I can't wait until she goes, it took some detective work to find out her reservation, I only knew the month and the ship but she is going to be very surprised. I feel like santa (and she has been santa to us for years!)

Archived