Italian Food: Il Adagio vs. MSC Cruise

sigsoho

My GF and I went on a MSC Cruise many moons ago and we loved their plated Italian cuisine. I guess it doesn't hurt that they are a European based cruise ship.

My GF is Italian (as in from Italy) so we rarely eat out for Italian because she is just accustomed to better or different italian food than what most popular Italian restaurants provide (i.e. Maggianos, Olive Garden, Buca Di Beppo, etc.)

With that being said, does anyone have a general ides how the Il Adagio compares to the cuisine on a MSC cruise? We don't want to pay the surcharge for her to be disappointed.

Any menus would be helpful too.

Thanks

My GF and I went on a MSC Cruise many moons ago and we loved their plated Italian cuisine. I guess it doesn't hurt that they are a European based cruise ship.

My GF is Italian (as in from Italy) so we rarely eat out for Italian because she is just accustomed to better or different italian food than what most popular Italian restaurants provide (i.e. Maggianos, Olive Garden, Buca Di Beppo, etc.)

With that being said, does anyone have a general ides how the Il Adagio compares to the cuisine on a MSC cruise? We don't want to pay the surcharge for her to be disappointed.

Any menus would be helpful too.

Thanks

Are you talking about the Sun? If so, we always eat at Il Adagio's at least once. It is not like Olive Garden or any of the chain restaurants some enjoy, is it as good as MSC? That depends, remember food is subjective. I had clients who sailed MSC and did not like the food, so I doubt anyone can give you a clear answer..

Nita

Are you talking about the Sun? If so, we always eat at Il Adagio's at least once. It is not like Olive Garden or any of the chain restaurants some enjoy, is it as good as MSC? That depends, remember food is subjective. I had clients who sailed MSC and did not like the food, so I doubt anyone can give you a clear answer..

Nita

Thanks Nita. We are sailing the Sky. I understand food is subjective, but if someone liked the plated MSC meals and they also liked the meals in Il Adagio, then we are more likely (not 100% certain of course) to like similar Italian cuisine.

The food in Il Adagio is unlike any of the other Italian restaurants in the fleet.

You will not find the typical pasta and pizza or even Chicken Parmesan. They have a Braised Lamb Shank dish that is to die for. I don't believe your GF will be disappointed.

PE

That's a really good sign :D

Personally, I am hoping to have an meat,cheese, and olive antipasta followed by a seafood risotto, and some italian nutella canolis. A man can dream right?

That's a really good sign :D

Personally, I am hoping to have an meat,cheese, and olive antipasta followed by a seafood risotto, and some italian nutella canolis. A man can dream right?

I just noticed that you are sailing on the Sky. I don't believe their Il Adagio is anything like the Sun. If I am not mistaken it is similar to the Italian fare found on the rest of the fleet. I hope for your sake I am wrong, but I don't think so. Sorry.

PE

Archived