Wine card on Solstice?

gibbsgirl

You buy a card at Cellar Masters for any amount that you would like, and then insert your card into the wine tasting dispensers. I think there were about 6 whites and 6 reds, and the selection always varies when the bottles run out. The prices vary from $3.00 for a 1 ounce sample to up to $50 for a 5 ounce (glass) sample depending on the wines. I think you could either buy a 1,3,or 5 ounce taste. It was cool because we got to try wines that we wouldn't normally buy.

What you do is buy credit on plastic and insert the card into a machine that dispenses various wines directly from the bottles. There are separate white and red machines. You buy 1, 3 or 5 ounces. (Don't forget to put your wine glass under the spigot or the wine pours on the floor. saw this happen) The wines are higher end wine starting at $3.00 per ounce going up to $11.00 per ounce. This translates into $200 per bottle of wine at the higher end. It's expensive , but relative to the quality of wine you get, its cheap if you like a tasting rather than drinking by the glass. Hint try an ounce from the machine before dinner and have regular glasses of wine with dinner. The first sip is the best anyway. Also what I like about the machines is the wine is aired so it's at its best. NO I am not a wine snob, just been drinking it for 40 years.

What you do is buy credit on plastic and insert the card into a machine that dispenses various wines directly from the bottles. There are separate white and red machines. You buy 1, 3 or 5 ounces. (Don't forget to put your wine glass under the spigot or the wine pours on the floor. saw this happen) The wines are higher end wine starting at $3.00 per ounce going up to $11.00 per ounce. This translates into $200 per bottle of wine at the higher end. It's expensive , but relative to the quality of wine you get, its cheap if you like a tasting rather than drinking by the glass. Hint try an ounce from the machine before dinner and have regular glasses of wine with dinner. The first sip is the best anyway. Also what I like about the machines is the wine is aired so it's at its best. NO I am not a wine snob, just been drinking it for 40 years.

After drinking wine for 40 years you can consider yourself a connoisseur.

Is Cellar Masters the name of one of the bars on Solstice? Sounds like an interesting plan. Are the "wine machines" located in different areas of the ship or only in the Cellar Masters location?

It is the name of the area - i would not call it a bar per say...

It is a lounge area for wine drinkers. The dispensers are only in this area.

Archived