distance Margaritaville to Dunn's River falls

Joie

What is the distance form the ship to Island village ( Margaritaville) and Dunns River Falls? I was there over 10 years ago and didn't seem like th falls were too far from the cruise pier...but not exactly sure I remember that well....but it seemed like walking distance just a couple blocks or so.

What is the distance form the ship to Island village ( Margaritaville) and Dunns River Falls? I was there over 10 years ago and didn't seem like th falls were too far from the cruise pier...but not exactly sure I remember that well....but it seemed like walking distance just a couple blocks or so.

too far to walk too either place considering the hills- mountains, and narrow roads and doesn't look too safe. there is a shuttle bus that leaves from cruise ship area and stops here and there and at margaritavill . pay one small price and you can hope off and on all day... have fun and practice smiling and saying no 'tank ya' i always smuggle fruit off the ship and give to the cute little kids

Just got back thursday, falls is too far to walk with the narrow streets, but margaritaville is just around the corner from the ship. Wouldn't waist my time there. Paid $65 for 4 margaritas and couldn't even use the beach without paying a cover charge after being told the drinks were our cover. That place was a joke.

lhgolfer

too far to walk too either place considering the hills- mountains, and narrow roads and doesn't look too safe. there is a shuttle bus that leaves from cruise ship area and stops here and there and at margaritavill . pay one small price and you can hope off and on all day... have fun and practice smiling and saying no 'tank ya' i always smuggle fruit off the ship and give to the cute little kids

Margaritaville does not require any kind of transportation. As soon as you get outside the pier's fenced area, you're there. Island Village is right there, and that's where Margaritaville is located.

DO NOT smuggle fruit off the ship. It is against the law to carry fresh foods off of the ship. I guess you know that though, or you would't need to smuggle.

i would nt waste any time at Ocho Rios s Margaritaville as well..

if your visiting Grand Cayman..there s a great Margaritaville

across the street from the CCL pier where the tenders drop you

off..

instead of a beach..there s a pool that patron s can use..

Overpriced beers and watered down cocktails. I'm sure there was NO tequila in mine. The food looked good though I have no idea of the prices. Felt it grubby and run down and EXTRA to sit on a piddly little beach that looked out onto industrial units - folk must be mad.

On a more serious note, be CAREFUL when you buy things from Margaritavailles ?Trading Post - the gift shop. A couple before us were overcharged in 'error' and then we found the $7.95 souvenier with the dollar discount voucher suddenly costed my husband over $12 - we questioned this as were told rudely 'there is tax here' - (no other shops charged it). Adding insult to injury the change was jamaican and on questioning this was only around 75c. A heated exchange took place and we got our money back - thrown at us by the male attendant.

I won't even go into the experience on attempting to return to the ship - the attempt at humiliating my husband in their make ship 'imigration' tent by a female worker searching him was appalling.

NOT a good experience at Jamaica and as a result we stayed on the ship the following week as we were doing a b2b on Ruby. It's a shame the minority have spoilt it for other islanders. I wouldn't recommend Jamaica stop and am glad that Princess is removing this from most of it's schedules next year - it does not deserve a dollar more from cruisers until it sorts itself out.

• 2 weeks later...

#3 report.gif

post_old.gif February 2nd, 2009, 04:53 PM

lhgolfer user_offline.gif

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gif

Just got back thursday, falls is too far to walk with the narrow streets, but margaritaville is just around the corner from the ship. Wouldn't waist my time there. Paid $65 for 4 margaritas and couldn't even use the beach without paying a cover charge after being told the drinks were our cover. That place was a joke.

lhgolfer

\

wrong information. You walk right on into the Margaritaville there and it is free to get in. The cover charge is for the water toys. You can get a bucket of Red Strip for 6 bucks there, the swim up bar is awesome, and they do all types of contests too. Don't let others negative comments influence you. :rolleyes:

Archived